Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a cost… nothing free

i paid just shy of $100K for my RR… and when it was delivered it had all the bells/whistles “available at that time”… when the next years model came out it had better “bells/whistles”… I wasn’t crying like a petulant child asking for the new toys. If you had $100K to buy your MS then open up your wallet when they offer to upgrade for XX dollars… nothing free in life so get used to it.

This isn’t a software problem… it’s a hardware problem… your computer can’t handle the additional software.
We’ll agree to disagree, because you seem to be rather annoying, uneducated, or both.

The price wasn’t a price comparison between both vehicles. It was a point that I spent that money, with rightful expectations of what’s advertised, aka OTA updates, console quality gaming, etc. When you bought your RR, you bought it with an expectation of you’ll get what you get and there will probably never be any updates.

Hardware limitations? Sounds like a Tesla problem. During the reveal it was made crystal clear that THE REFRESH will be able to have “console quality gaming.” It’s been 1.5 years, where is it? Is it false advertising? Bad marketing? Either way, it’s Tesla’s responsibility to make it right, else they shouldn’t have advertised it during the reveal.

What you fail to realize is that these expectations aren’t unreasonable. If someone was expecting the Model S to have features that will be in the Cyber Truck, or Roadster, or 2025 Plaid, well that would be unreasonable. Expecting what was announced at the reveal, is simply expecting what was promised for this specific model car in 2021.

I don't know what "a lot of experience" is, but I've visited over 1,100 unique supercharger locations and have an informal role in managing the Wiki - Superchargers Visited competition in which we have to keep tabs of available superchargers. The majority of the superchargers at Service Centers are no longer available to the public.

Since neither of us can know the future with certainty, it is a little odd for you to say I was wrong and uninformed. Neither of the Lubbock locations you mentioned is online, so of course, the Service Center will not remove the superchargers from the Nav yet. Even once one goes online, it is unlikely the SC would be removed from the nav immediately. I was searching for the two threads you referenced without linking, and I found the following post from xlpro, who stated in May that a service tech said they would install "temp" chargers, which is directionally consistent with what they told me over the summer.

Currently, supercharge.info does not have pins for the two locations (Buddy Holly Center and one at a Toot n Totum) you seem to indicate are certain to be built. I can help get them added to supercharge.info if there are threads for them on TMC and there is enough supporting documentation (e.g., approved permits, proof of construction, or media reporting about future locations). It doesn't appear the two future locations have their own TMC threads. Are they just buried in that 22-page Lubbock thread? If so, we should break them out into their own threads. I am willing to help get that done.

As for the status of Superchargers at Service Centers being available to the general public, The table below shows the status as of today. Edmonton, Rogers, and Moraine, were never on the nav. Moraine resulted in the change to the most supercharger visited rules, which now require that it either be on the nav (or mobile app) or have signs that positively affirm that public charging is available. Alpharetta also informed the current rules because it used to have a sign indicating public charging was available after hours (see attached photo) but it no longer does.

View attachment 888616
Anyway, Merry Christmas and stay warm.
Move on I’m tired of the stupidity, you don’t know anything about the Lubbock SC and were proven WRONG about the gibberish you spewed, but just cannot accept it.

For those who don’t care about the Steam integration or weren’t affected by it, why are you even in this thread? Bored? Just want to play a good ol devil’s advocate?

Try to have some respect for your fellow car owners who might have different values and interests than you. One day the turns might table and you’ll wish you had a support system to help you when the big guy is trying to give you the shaft.

The “console quality gaming” was advertised in the videos, talked about on his Twitter, and during the reveal.

PS: For whoever made the moon analogy…. Whoever made the moon, never advertised it to be made of cheese, so save your stupid analogies for your low IQ friends that might find it entertaining.

Good luck with your tantrum lawsuit. :)
One day you’ll find yourself in a situation where you are wronged, and I hope you’re exposed to some liberal twat who laughs at your misfortunes and mocks you for trying to get what you’re owed. That day you can remember your posts from today.

One day you’ll find yourself in a situation where you are wronged, and I hope you’re exposed to some liberal twat who laughs at your misfortunes and mocks you for trying to get what you’re owed. That day you can remember your posts from today.
Oooh now I’m a “liberal”. You really are throwing a tantrum. 😆

Merry Christmas sport.

Take a spot in line, some of us have been getting “wronged” by ElonClaus since before your car was still lithium in a mine somewhere. 😘

Oooh now I’m a “liberal”. You really are throwing a tantrum. 😆

Merry Christmas sport.

Take a spot in line, some of us have been getting “wronged” by ElonClaus since before your car was still lithium in a mine somewhere. 😘
Did not call you a liberal. Read the message again. Just because you’ve been wronged by the hack, doesn’t mean everyone else should too. If you were a good person, you would help others fight for what’s right, selflessly, but you don’t, which just shows what kind of person you are.

OP sounds like an entitled D Bag. Buy a different car or turn them off and use them manually. JMO
1672071661061.gif

• Funny
Reactions: 804son and AlexHung
My prior car was a Model S with ultrasonic sensors and a front radar. I would never hit a curb in that car because the car would beep a warning that I was too close to the curb. There would be a visual notification on the screen as well which would show the distance in inches to an obstacle on either a side or the front or the rear of the car.

I just purchased a Model Y this week and all of those features have been removed. I was told by the sales and delivery people that I would be getting the same proximity detection by Christmas via software update. But it did not happen. Instead I got a bunch of useless additions to the car mostly related to games and sounds. Tesla has promised this in writing:
  • Side Collision Warning: Warns of potential collisions with obstacles alongside the car
  • Obstacle Aware Acceleration: Automatically reduces acceleration when an obstacle is detected in front of your car while driving at low speeds
I paid a great deal extra for enhanced autopilot and I cannot even park safely or pull into or out of a garage with proximity detection.

How can we force Tesla to address these key issues right now instead of improving Fart sounds?
#1 they didn’t say which Christmas
#2 if you cannot park a car maybe it’s time to send your license back to the DMV or take a driving school
#3 enjoy the new car

You Cali people always kill me with something lol… okay fine, these aren’t ads…. They’re infomercials? Informational clips? Who the hell cares what you call them, the general public thinks that Teslas are capable of fully driving themselves because of the content Tesla put out, along with the name.

WARNING: This post can expose you to facts, which is known to the State of California to cause hurt feelings.

L
omg.
Virtual power plants? you would be surprised.
Solar roofs? It wokrs? It makes huge sales numbers? You sure?
Power storage - plenty of competition here mate.
Tesla droid? lmao.
AI? - is tesla's AI at least anywhere close to let's say ChatGPT capabilities? car shits itself because of many reasons which no one knows why. please.

There are PLENTY of companies which design perfectly good EVs. Which are significantly cheaper. it is all about technology.

2022 saw a massive number of new EVs. and these keep on coming and there become less and less reasons to buy Tesla over other EV, especially when it opens charger network to others.
LOL. Clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.