TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

snippiness

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DrTaras, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz G

Liz G P03056

I can understand your frustration, I put my deposit down 2 years and 2 months ago. So while not waiting quite as long as you, I have been waiting a while. But me getting frustrated or upset is not going to get my car here any faster and all it is going to do is make me sick. So I wait and hope and be patient. I just keep reminding myself that Tesla is doing the best they can with what they have. And it is not personal, they are not singling me out. I will get my car as soon as they can get it too me.

2. Beavis

Beavis Model S Signature 991

It's been a week. I hate to say it, but I don't think you have a complaint yet. I don't even think you're overdue based on your number. Pace yourself because it might be a long haul.

3. kinddog

kinddog Banned

July, but who's counting.

the fact that you decided to reserve a non-existent car 3 years ago doesn't make your perceived plight any more valid. You knew the deal going in. Or, evidently, you didn't...

4. kinddog

kinddog Banned

stop complaining, because you f'd up?

5. GDH

GDH Banned

Did you actually read what I posted?

"Of anything not just Tesla".

As a moderator you would think you would actually read before posting.

People take all sort of pics of different things, I started this thread for that purpose so don't ruin it.

6. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

George: have you heard of the phrase "BUYING" a car or "OWNING" a car?
    The information about the car is, bluntly, ours once we buy the car and own it. There is an ancient doctrine known as "restraints on chattel" regarding this, but really it's just common sense.

No, we don't. You don't seem to understand that you are SELLING cars. If you were leasing cars, the situation would be different. You are SELLING cars. The owner of the car can do whatever he or she likes with the car once you have SOLD the car to them. That is what SALE means.

But you do not have real power to restrict people's reconstruction of the list, because that information can be found by watching who goes into your office.

And if you use open source software, you would prefer to publish it it on the web. By the way, has Tesla started obeying copyright law yet?

Even *that* is not necessarily true. You don't work in tech development, you work in marketing. But I'm working with some tech development people who are very likely to do *exactly that*. In their case, keeping the workings behind the technology secret is not an issue. Even experts seem unable to follow the workings even when they're handed to them on a silver platter. It's PATENTED, which requires publication anyway. So why not publish it?

I could go on and on, but instead I'll give you a suggestion which a marketer can understand.

You would like to remove people's *desire* to see this information. This is all you can do, and as a marketer you should understand the power available through manipulating desire. Sou I strongly suggest you provide a read-only mode which allows people to see the internal diagnostic information which they are itching to see, but not the "proprietary" information which they don't even know exists. People want to see the detailed energy usage logs for their own car, and they have good reason to want to see those. People will probably also want to know what information is being sent to Tesla, because people don't like being spied on. (Your previous employer, Apple, has a lesson it needs to learn about that.)

Once people can see the information they're looking for, they'll stop digging.

I suggest you show some consideration yourself. Thanks in advance.

7. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I'm embarrassed.

8. bonnie

George asked, didn't demand. So while Neroden is correct that the car belongs to each individual owner, the point is that NO one was arguing that.

The whole post is just making an argument where there was none. -shrug- Maybe creating drama was the point.

9. kvietor

kvietor Model S VIN 168

Why is there always one fish who wants to swim up stream. @neroden, Why don't you get with your Tesla service rep (oh that's right, you don't have one cuz you don't own a Tesla yet) and con him out of the password so you can muck-up your car.

Why do some people always think they know better. Why not let the experts service the car and stick to enjoying the ride.

10. Brian H

Brian H Banned

Say again?
    Say again?
    Say again?
    Nevermind. I got it.

11. Brian H

Brian H Banned

Yeah, think hard, cold plastic on ice. If that doesn't give you pause, your imagination is deficient.

12. kinddog

kinddog Banned

exactamundo.

it also makes you look like a whiny entitled a-hole who thinks an entire company and manufacturing line should come to a halt to appease your every fleeting whim.

13. GDH

GDH Banned

Actually there are several reviews of the car that aren't that great, if you choose to only read the good ones then good for you. I prefer to research anything before I buy it.

14. kinddog

kinddog Banned

Stop feeding the troll, people.

with any luck he'll get bored an return to the Bimmer forums. (anyone else catch his dead giveaway?)

god bless the intertubes...

15. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

OK. Did I mention I'm a little gullible?

16. GDH

GDH Banned

That was totally rude and uncalled for.

17. Al Sherman

Sorry, I think we're just having fun. No offense. Besides, we don't want to get this fun and interesting thread banished to the land of Snippiness!

18. bonnie

No shame in landing over there :). More than one innocent bystander has been gathered up and deposited in the netherland.

19. Al Sherman

LOL. My shrink (who also happens to be my wife) tells me I'm a "conflict avoider." Though I admit readily without guilt, or shame that I LOVE reading the Snippiness thread.

20. GDH

GDH Banned

I think what this thread shows is how much you guys and gals love this car and I am pretty much there with ya just had to think out loud about by hesitations. Group hug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.