TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

snippiness

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DrTaras, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

GDH "Group D Hug"

2. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Not that there's anything WRONG with that!

3. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

I've chosen to read every single review about the car, tyvm. There are no reviews that can be considered or categorized as 'not that great', but nice try. While almost every serious review has pointed out 'nitpicks', and many times 'personal preferences', universally, the car has been reviewed as at least 'very good'.

My point, which I tried to make light-heartedly but will now just state plainly, is that you're pretty much the only person to say what you said about the Model S. Therefore, based on the thousands-to-one ratio, you're opinion can be dismissed. If and when thousands of people drive the car and say the same as you (which they have not to date) is when your thoughts on the subject would be worth considering.

4. wstuff

wstuff Junior Member

Ok I've about had it, Al,s wife telling him he's a conflict avoider and most of the rest of you pointing your fingers and acussing some of us as being biased and prejudiced, I feel some of the fingers pointed at ME. So I took a poll, I asked my wife Tesla if she thought that , she pointed at my dog Tesla and said not in your life. I settled down and decided to read a good book titled Tesla and when I got tired I went to the Tesla pool and did a few laps to calm my nerves, GLAD I GOT THAT OFF MY TESLA.

5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

It's all your fault. Obviously.

:)

6. GDH

GDH Banned

Oh I can beat that, I went to the Tesla store and sat in a Tesla and had a nice long talk with the Tesla store manager and we talked about Tesla and all the cool things about the Tesla model S and some of the changes Tesla is making to the Model S. And I was told that the Model S that I order will not come with the winter tires that made the car feel unstable during my test dive. My Volvo seats still are better.

- - - Updated - - -

Simply put, you need to go shake the sand out of your pampers.

7. ppl

ppl Member

Uh oh. How old are you? Please stay away from strip malls. Don't want you to take out a 711 store. It is actually smart for a car to shut down with foot on break and accelerator. Many have advocated having this done with gas cars. Of course getting people to step on brake instead of gas when they want to stop will be next issue to address

8. Babylonfive

Babylonfive Power12

-1 Your point is damaged by your presentation - please leave personal comments out of it.

9. kinddog

kinddog Banned

yes I'm sure he'll love that...

you haven't "received any official correspondence that the car is on the truck other than BEING TOLD WHEN YOU CALLED THIS AFTERNOON"!?!?!?!

are you serious?

dude, with all due respect, you need to chill. you have been lighting up the boards here for a couple of weeks with nonstop complaining, demands, and impatience. If that's who you really are, then, whatever. If not, allow me to clue you in to how you are coming across...

10. Brian H

Brian H Banned

Puns?! You're bung-holing puns (and jokes about accent) now??

Obviously the mod hats are several sizes too big.

11. kinddog

kinddog Banned

#111 kinddog, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
    haha... no, you don't know... Third world problems include fighting off dengue fever as your mom and sister are dragged outside the hut to be g***-****d by a janjaweed militia.

but b******s about your $100k sports car not being delivered on Christmas Eve. that's a bummer...

12. 4sevens.com

4sevens.com Member

Wow... you just put a stereotype on all Americans which is not true being that USA is a very diverse culture (maybe you're influenced by Hollywood??). There are also not-very-nice stereotypes of all Canadians which overall are not true either which I don't believe BUT your comment here just put you in one of those - thinking you're somehow above another culture - which ironically which is the very thing you're criticizing LOL.

13. bonnie

"And in the snippiness thread, 4sevens is happy to demonstrate stereotypical American behavior ..."

Seriously, CHILL. The original post was a very nice, complimentary post. Let's not make a problem where there isn't one. (For the record, I'm American, have several Canadian friends, and happen to agree about the overall civility and humility of Canadians.)

14. mattjs33

mattjs33 Member

Oh boy, do I know a whole bunch of mechanics who'd love to find you and jack you one right in the mouth, mister.

The techs are probably the most trustworthy people in the joint, and they do a lot more training on a yearly basis to do their job correctly than you do. Imagine having to keep up with all the differences in all the different models for each model year. Imagine having hot oil dripping on you all day, or melting snow and slush all day long in the winter. All those impossible-to-get-to bolts and fasteners? Yeah, they deal with those all day long, every single freakin' day.

I suggest you spend even one day working even as an assistant to a tech and I guarantee you would decide you would never do that for a living. It's probably the most thankless job there is. And then they have to listen to pompous people like you deride what they do.

Let me tell you something, this country had better start to realize that having actual "doing" skills is the backbone of our economy, and the more people grow up dreaming of an office job where they can stand around the water cooler BSing all day, the worse off we will be.

Show a little damn respect. How do you spend your day?

15. bonnie

Civility, please.

I read jerry's post and was not offended. And before you assume that I know nothing of what goes on ... in my former life (ie, no career but a lot of good times just the same), I was the lead heavy equipment operator at an open pit mine in Death Valley (... waiting for a moment for everyone to get over the shock ...) and I know first hand what people assume about those working for base pay. I also ran a crew of tire busters for a year. And I've worked on an assembly line during the summer in high school.

And, again, I read jerry's post and was not offended. Let's not look for problems where there are none.

16. Babylonfive

Babylonfive Power12

Hey Matt, please tone down.

Jerry, like all of us, is tired of the dealer experience and I support most of his comments. Note that he didn't disparage mechanics, but instead the dealer structure that separates them from customers and creates a conflict of interest on repairs (impetus to overcharge and lie to naive customers).

Your reaction is much too strong, even if you hadn't made a false assumption about Jerry's comment.

David

17. kinddog

kinddog Banned

i hate Republicans.

18. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

Boy, nothing like speaking your mind, is there?

19. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Generalize much?

20. Raven

Raven Member

Wow. Classy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.