TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Snow brush

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Doug_G, Feb 18, 2013.

1. ElectricAvenue

Rainmaker, what are the chances of that happening?
    I have the OXO brush, it does not have the extendable handle as shown in your picture but the rest is the same. I find that when frozen the bristles are stiff and feel like they scratch.

2. jerry33

jerry33 (S85-3/2/13 traded in) X LR: F2611##-3/27/20

Perhaps the correct answer is an electric blanket that you install under the hood so that you can plug it in and melt the snow the same way that the preheating does for the rest of the car.

3. RainmakerJL

RainmakerJL Member

Well if the brush is wet and it freezes it will scrape... Why not heat up the car with brush in it and then take brush out. How cold is your situation?

4. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

The last few days in Boston it's been 5 degrees F, so cold I saw a new message on my Model S screen "regen disabled"

image.jpg

5. RainmakerJL

RainmakerJL Member

Im in New York City area as cold as your area. Car is garaged and ill keep the brush in car and it will be warm before i use it.... Still considering a snow brush...

6. ElectricAvenue

7. Panacea

Panacea TSLA Shareholder/Believer

That should work! Let us know what you think of it please.

8. Peter_M

Peter_M Member

Just wipe the snow off around the edges of the door before you open it - then the snow won't get sucked inside.

9. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I keep it in the trunk. Never had snow fall on me yet.

10. Vip

Vip Member

Told agree Sunfishsolar! I had only the front end wrapped initially but found out how easily the paint scratches so one week later got the whole car wrapped! Gives me great peace of mind!! Would be very helpful with the snow issue. Would hate to see scratches on the car in the spring when you really clean the car!

11. PeterK

PeterK Model X & 3 Owner

Haven't used it but won't bother to. It was poorly packed in a bubble padded envelope that was torn open, the handle is separating at the point where the horse hairs are anchored, and the whole thing is quite short - maybe 8 or 9 inches of brushes if that. I am sending it back for a refund.

No Canadian Tires around these parts so will take Doug_G's approach at NAPA, Autozone or Sears, whichever I'm near soonest.

12. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

You need to find the right kind of bee brush. The ones I use are probably a bit stiffer than horse-hair...

My bee brushes come from Brushy Mountain Bee Farm, but shipping is quite expensive unless you're placing a bee supply order:
    Bee Brush-Brushy Mountain Bee Farm, Inc.

13. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Shearing bees for their hair must be time consuming … ba-dum-bum.

14. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

And YOU deserve a stinging rebuke for that!

15. biotweak

biotweak Member

I've used this:
    Amazon.com: Sno Brum Original Snow Removal Tool with Telescoping Handle: Patio, Lawn Garden

I can attest that it does not damage the clearcoat.

16. biotweak

biotweak Member

I use the Sno Brum, it is designed to not scratch paint and I can attest that it does not hurt the clear coat on the car.

Amazon.com: Sno Brum Original Snow Removal Tool with Telescoping Handle: Patio, Lawn Garden