Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps the correct answer is an electric blanket that you install under the hood so that you can plug it in and melt the snow the same way that the preheating does for the rest of the car.

The last few days in Boston it's been 5 degrees F, so cold I saw a new message on my Model S screen "regen disabled"

image.jpg

Get it wrapped. Scratches drive me crazy. Now I know nothing or no one can even touch the paint. Looks great and I don't freek when little kids are helpful and clean my car off or start to wash it. Peace of mind is soo worth the 3-4k to wrap the whole car. In 5 years I can change the color! My two cents.

Told agree Sunfishsolar! I had only the front end wrapped initially but found out how easily the paint scratches so one week later got the whole car wrapped! Gives me great peace of mind!! Would be very helpful with the snow issue. Would hate to see scratches on the car in the spring when you really clean the car!

On FlasherZ's suggestion I ordered this from Amazon. They had a handful of similar ones but this looked reasonable and was the only Prime item so no shipping fee.

New 16" Natural Horse Hair Bee Hive Brush, Beekeeping Equipment by VIVO
Amazon.com: New 16 Garden

Arrives Tuesday - will post my impressions when I have a chance to use it.

Haven't used it but won't bother to. It was poorly packed in a bubble padded envelope that was torn open, the handle is separating at the point where the horse hairs are anchored, and the whole thing is quite short - maybe 8 or 9 inches of brushes if that. I am sending it back for a refund.

No Canadian Tires around these parts so will take Doug_G's approach at NAPA, Autozone or Sears, whichever I'm near soonest.

I've used this:
Amazon.com: Sno Brum Original Snow Removal Tool with Telescoping Handle: Patio, Lawn Garden

I can attest that it does not damage the clearcoat.

Word of warning for those in cold climes - make sure your snow brush has very soft bristles. After cleaning all the salt off my car I've noticed a bunch of faint scratches in odd places. Scratched my head for a bit before realizing the brush I use to remove snow from the car must be responsible. :cursing:

I've never had this problem before. The brush is pretty old, but I was using it on my Infiniti previously with no issues. I guess the Model S paint is a bit soft.

Now shopping for a new brush...