Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snow chains for a model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and the thing is no one cares lol have a few friends in Minnesota who all run nokian metal studded for years now as at the end of the day being safer out weighs most peoples thought on "oh i hope i dont get pulled over because my car has more grip than others"
You would have to find a tire shop that was willing to stud the tires in contradiction of local statute.

Hi,
Someone on the review page said the 697 size was too big for 255/45R19. That's what's recommended on the autosock site as well as what you linked. Did yours fit well?
Autosock.us site will give you the recommendation on the tire you input. Remember the sock can fit other tire size as wel. Therefore you will need to adjust the trap for proper fit just any other snow chain. My brother has a 20" inch on his MDY so I didn't ask for the size from him.

Tesla specified Konig snow chains are sold out everywhere. Has anyone used other chains that fit 255/45/19? I bought some Radial SCC that size and did not fix. Thanks!
Have you learned about snow chains by TESERY? Don't let snowy roads slow you down. Install TESERY's top-quality snow chains on your Tesla Model Y. These snow chains are specially designed to increase friction with the road surface, ensuring a safe and smooth journey. Drive confidently in any weather condition, including skiing trips.

TESERY's high-quality snow chains:
Tire Wheel Snow Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

• 4. Anti-Slip Snow Chains Nine Grid For Tesla Model 3/Y/X/S
Click here: Snow chains for Tesla Model Y
Tire Automotive tire Sky Wheel Rim

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Tire Water Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: ngng
Tesla specified Konig snow chains are sold out everywhere. Has anyone used other chains that fit 255/45/19? I bought some Radial SCC that size and did not fix. Thanks!
It sounds like you're in a bit of a predicament regarding snow chains for your Tesla Model Y. I understand the frustration of not finding the specified chains and facing compatibility issues with the ones you purchased.

In situations like these, it's crucial to find reliable alternatives. Given the compatibility issues you faced with other chains, Tesery's Model Y Snow Chains could be the ideal solution. They are designed to fit 255/45/19 tires, ensuring a snug and secure fit.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Unfortunately, if the Tesla specified Konig snow chains are sold out everywhere, you may need to explore other options. It's important to note that when choosing snow chains, always ensure they are the correct size for your tires and compatible with your Model Y. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for installation and usage to ensure your safety and the best performance. Remember, snow chains are crucial for driving in snowy conditions, as they provide additional traction and help prevent sliding or getting stuck.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Facing the challenge of sold-out Konig snow chains for your Tesla with the specific tire size (255/45/19) can be quite frustrating. As an alternative, it's essential to navigate this situation with consideration and caution.

Many Tesla owners in similar predicaments have explored other options, such as the Radial SCC chains you purchased. However, it's crucial to note that the effectiveness of snow chains can vary based on factors like tire size and design. Unfortunately, your experience with the Radial SCC chains indicates that they might not be the perfect fit for your Tesla. In such scenarios, the Tesla community can be a valuable resource. Online forums and social media groups often host discussions where owners share their experiences with alternative snow chains. Checking user reviews and firsthand accounts can provide nuanced insights into compatibility and performance.

If uncertainties persist, seeking advice from tire professionals or auto service centers is a prudent step. Their expertise can guide you in selecting compatible snow chains and ensure correct installation, prioritizing both safety and effectiveness. In the realm of winter driving accessories, finding the right fit is crucial. Your commitment to seeking alternatives and exploring different options is commendable.

Hope these can help you.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
SZ429 seems to fit the 19s on our MYLR, but just barely and requires a little muscle getting them connected. I did get them on doing a test fit in the driveway. I do worry slightly about it marking or scratching the wheel face but it's not too bad. Anyway the likelihood of actually needing them is fairly low, but legally have to have them in the car crossing some of the passes in the winter. No way my wife would be able to put them on herself. Odds are if the weather is poor and we're crossing passes we'd be taking my truck and I'd be driving anyway.

See this thread Model Y Snow Chains

Last edited:
lol, was this written by ChatGPT?
Certainly! Facing the challenge of sold-out Konig snow chains for your Tesla with the specific tire size (255/45/19) can be quite frustrating. As an alternative, it's essential to navigate this situation with consideration and caution.

Many Tesla owners in similar predicaments have explored other options, such as the Radial SCC chains you purchased. However, it's crucial to note that the effectiveness of snow chains can vary based on factors like tire size and design. Unfortunately, your experience with the Radial SCC chains indicates that they might not be the perfect fit for your Tesla.

In such scenarios, the Tesla community can be a valuable resource. Online forums and social media groups often host discussions where owners share their experiences with alternative snow chains. Checking user reviews and firsthand accounts can provide nuanced insights into compatibility and performance.

Given the circumstances, TESERY's range of Tesla-specific snow chains becomes a noteworthy consideration. The brand offers diverse options, considering different materials and designs tailored for various driving conditions. Exploring their selection might unveil a suitable alternative for your Tesla's tire size. You can explore the offerings here: Tesla Snow Chains.

If uncertainties persist, seeking advice from tire professionals or auto service centers is a prudent step. Their expertise can guide you in selecting compatible snow chains and ensure correct installation, prioritizing both safety and effectiveness.

In the realm of winter driving accessories, finding the right fit is crucial. Your commitment to seeking alternatives and exploring different options is commendable. Here's to a successful and safe winter driving experience! Safe travels!