Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snow chains

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to buy snow chains for my MX before going in the french alps for the christmas/new year holidays.
Accordial to Tesla Manual, the validated snow chains are the Maggi Trak LT51 (for the 275/45 R20 tires). But if we go on the Maggi group web site, the model for this tire dimension should be LT52.

If some of you already bought snow chains at the SC, which is the good one?

So..... Roads in Nevada this year will require either Snow chains OR AWD and snow tires. 2WD and snow tires will not be allowed to pass. Should help the sales of AWD's. But with no badges, how will they tell the difference?

2018_12_03_15_46_220001.jpg

That Nevada thing is interesting. Last week when there was a fair amount of snow coming down over Donner summit and they were pulling over 2-wheel drive cars for chains, they let me go through, and I had only all season tires on the car. He just asked if I had chains and I pointed to them in the back. He said "Ok, nice car, go ahead." Granted maybe there was not a lot of snow yet, so next time they will likely stop me.