Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snow Drift

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I would like to know if it's possible to Drift a Tesla, with or without the dual motor into snow ?
It's just a question about the possibility, not the law, we all know you can't do things like that on public road, but they have some specific place where you can ( I mean on a specific track )
I've own 3 Subaru in the past and it was fun to drive sideways in SAFE and CONTROL environnement !!!

Thanks

It will restrict you going passed any meaningful angle.
It'll let you spin going straight with TC off, but that's pretty much all the fun you can get
Stability control unfortunately cannon be fully disabled like on BMW or the likes

P.S. There is one option where you can pull the fuse and do what you want. It disables all of the nannies

It'll let you spin going straight with TC off, but that's pretty much all the fun you can get
Stability control unfortunately cannon be fully disabled like on BMW or the likes

P.S. There is one option where you can pull the fuse and do what you want. It disables all of the nannies

Thanks for the answer, it's what I'm looking for.
I'm happy to know they have a way to disable all of the driver's help !!!
I'm a bit dissapointed Tesla don't have a easily way to do it, but...
For daily drive, it's a good thing to have all the help, but when you are on a track to have fun, just pure fun, you want to control the car and not let the car control you !!!
My current GMC make the samething when I disable the TC, when I'm too agressive sideways, they correct me :(

Thanks again Andrey

What fuse in what fusebox? (Model S85D - 2016 - EU)

/Jocce

Turn of traction control and you can spin the tires as you like. On sand and wet roads I have been able to drift just fine. No need to pull any fuses.

Not in a "D"...
Or there is no Traction Control setting, only "Slip Start"

The tires will spin, straight forward, yes, but as soon as it starts drifting it will active the Traction Control and start braking wheels individually.

/Jocce