Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snow/Ice melting mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
is there a setting in one of the apps, like the camping mode on Remote S, that would keep climate on to facilitate the melting of snow and ice? It wouldn't keep your car completely free, but it should help keep the windows clear.

Reactions: Jaff
Yes, you can preheat manually but it would be nice to be able to turn on a mode that would keep it on until further notice.

edit - it looks like Camp Mode in Remote S may do this but to use Camp Mode you must keep the page oen in the app and keep the device on. If you switch apps then it stops.

This thought came to me last week when we had freezing rain in Toronto and when I got back to the GO station in the evening and my car was encased in about 7mm of ice. I did turn on the climate about 25 minutes before getting to my car, but having had it run from the time the freezing rain started likely would have helped, although I don't know how well it works on the doors and handles as the door handles don't present when behind that much ice.