Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snow tire package $2500 when ordering the new 85d but $4000 when ordering it separate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my S85 2 weeks ago and I would have waited for the AWD D model, though I am not complaining. I had decided to buy snow tires but did not want to spend $4000 to get the Tesla Snow Tire package. Rather, I could purchase Michelin Snows together with Rial wheels for about $2500. So today after perusing the new Tesla Web order page, I noticed that you can purchase the snow tire package as part of the new ordering page but when you go to purchase the same package from the accessory page, the price is $4000.
I suppose my question is this: Will Tesla allow those of us who recently purchased the S85 to purchase the snow tire package for $2500? Do you think that the accessory page has not been updated to allow this purchase or will Tesla still sell the package for $4000? I understand charging more for mechanical upgrades that require labor after purchase, but to charge $1500 for snow tires makes no sense.
Don't get me wrong, would I have waited for the 85D-yes; am I unhappy I have my new S85 Tesla, not at all.
Though this seems like a small matter, I would like to save $1500 if I can.
Would just like to hear any and all thoughts.
Thanks.

I wondered the same thing this morning. I just got my car and was thinking about buying a second set of wheels, and would like very much to buy them for $2,500 rather than $4,000.

My guess is that Tesla will drop the accessory prices a little, but it may be one of those things where you have to bug Tesla corporate, service center, etc. to get it sorted out.