TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Snow Tire Pricing

Discussion in 'Model S' started by bdy0627, Dec 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bdy0627

bdy0627 Active Member

I have an 85D up near Green Bay, Wisconsin so I am trying to get snow tires and wheels installed locally. It's 3 plus hours to a service center in Illinois, so I plan to avoid doing that. I received a quote for $2,600, including the sensors. This is for 19 inch Michelin ICE tires and Legano (sp?) wheels. I was surprised it was about the same as what Tesla charges. Is this amount high? Or is this a reasonable price?

Thanks,
    Brett

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

That's the current price. Last year Tesla charged far more for the wheels, but they lowered the wheel price to $300 this year.

3. bdy0627

bdy0627 Active Member

Ok, thanks. So $2,600 is a pretty typical price then?

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Telsa only has one price so that would be the cost then.

5. OlderThanDirt

OlderThanDirt Member

6. RDoc

RDoc S85D

FWIW, I highly recommend Tire Rack. They helped me with a very tricky fitment for my NSX.

7. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

#7 Kandiru, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    TireRack Rial Lugano OE Cap+sensors+Michelin X-Ice $2100. Tesla service center gray center caps $25 shipped.

Working in the driveway under the CO2 blanket in 64 degree OH winter is a bliss.

Now I am waiting until my Feb. yearly service to activate the sensors.