Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snowchains on 21"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hopefully you are not planning on putting chains on summer tires...

to be honest, 21" 30 series tires for winter is probably the worst thing you can do, i dont recommend it at all.

if you are going to some where heavily snowed in i recommend steel 19" wheels with studded tires and chains.

if you hit anything under the snow with 21" wheels, i guarantee that you will bend the rim and blow the tire.

hopefully you are not planning on putting chains on summer tires...

to be honest, 21" 30 series tires for winter is probably the worst thing you can do, i dont recommend it at all.

if you are going to some where heavily snowed in i recommend steel 19" wheels with studded tires and chains.

if you hit anything under the snow with 21" wheels, i guarantee that you will bend the rim and blow the tire.

ditto. don't drive in snow on those wheels/rims...unless you enjoy ice skating with $100k liability when you fall.

AC1K and Yobigd are correct. Get a set of 19" wheels and tires. Summer performance tires' tread compound turns hard when the temperature is below 40 F. Don't risk it. If economics are a concern, look for some used wheels. You don't want to mess up your expensive 21" wheels with winter driving anyway.