TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

So after 100 miles of driving our new MX...

Discussion in 'Model X' started by paintpolisher, May 21, 2016.

1. paintpolisher

paintpolisher Banned

I'm in love! :)

I can't wait to take it on our 3k mile road trip to Maine.

So freaking comfortable. I think I am most impressed by the handling as I pushed it a little thru some on/off ramps today. I had to keep telling myself, it does weigh 5700#. Acceleration is very adequate from the 90D, also not bad at all from 70-90.

We did an Auto Park today at Tesla of Marietta, GA.

My assistant and I gave "Pineapple" a paint polishing yesterday along with a debadge. Today we dropped her off with Derek Johnson of Atlanta Protective Films for her full Xpel exterior wrap. We will go with Suntek on the seat backs and door kick panels. Josh will be doing some tint and I'm still thinking about Clearplex for the windshield.

Attached Files:

• Like x 6
  2. dapao

dapao Member

Thanks for sharing your X. I really like your color.
    Seeing you title, I thought you are gonna post some problems..

• Like x 1
  3. Amoroso6

Amoroso6 Member

Ive heard the x needs a vehicle on both sides to auto park. anyone know if that is true or not?

4. grommet

grommet Member

Yes. Just like S.

• Like x 1
  5. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

I almost got the titanium but I was having trouble with the color shift. I've seen one around town and it seems more grey like the top pic of the before and after debadging. When I test drove one it seemed darker. Never like in design studio though. I toggled between white, titanium and MC (Midlife Crisis?) red up til the last day.

6. paintpolisher

paintpolisher Banned

Our S85 was MCR, we actually tried to change from Titanium to MCR while in preproduction but it was too late (without a reorder and losing $5k deposit) Ti is growing on me w/ the quickness.

7. alseTrick

alseTrick Member

What are your thoughts on the figured ash interior? I was in love until I found out it wasn't glossy.

As for the parking, did it not look like there was enough space to make the back-in on the first try had the X taken a sharper angle?

8. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

That was the biggest shock of my delivery experience. I really wanted and thought it was glossy but how I was shocked!

I am getting used to it now. Not sure if I would switch. My best recommendation would be to see the options in cars before you commit. Even a Model S would suffice for some of the choices.

9. Monkey

Monkey Member

Love the non-glossy finish of the figured ash and matte obeche, my car having the latter. They don't show fingerprints and smudges the way the glossy finishes do.

• Like x 1
  10. paintpolisher

paintpolisher Banned

I love the matte finish of the Figured ashwood.