Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So apparently you can remove the center console from the Model X…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I wonder if the part is similar enough that you can buy it from someone parting out a Model S for cheap and test it.

As for removing the center consol, if you do it please take some pics!
I have taken mine out of my refreshed Model S. Once you pop the sides off and take out a few small bolts under the rubber mat you can lift out the entire middle section to reveal the old console underneath.

IMG_2317.JPG

I have taken mine out of my refreshed Model S. Once you pop the sides off and take out a few small bolts under the rubber mat you can lift out the entire middle section to reveal the old console underneath.

IMG_2317.JPG
Good to see this, thanks!

I might be wrong, but I remember the more early models having the side wall be shorter than the sidewalls now. Do you happen to know if that's true?

Good to see this, thanks!

I might be wrong, but I remember the more early models having the side wall be shorter than the sidewalls now. Do you happen to know if that's true?
Yes, that's why if you want to revert to the old style console you will need the old style side panels. On the X and refreshed S the side panels are one piece from the firewall to the back of the console and are taller. On the old style console they are a two piece design and much shorter.

I want to try this out now. After a couple more drives with my family, this would just be more helpful with all of the bags my wife brings with us. If the shipping to you wasn't very much when you moved, let me know if you'd like to have me send it to you from the US. Not a huge deal and would just be a simple drop off for me. Of course the parts would need to be here. Let me know if you'd like some help.

Reactions: 365gtb4
I want to try this out now. After a couple more drives with my family, this would just be more helpful with all of the bags my wife brings with us. If the shipping to you wasn't very much when you moved, let me know if you'd like to have me send it to you from the US. Not a huge deal and would just be a simple drop off for me. Of course the parts would need to be here. Let me know if you'd like some help.

Are you planning on doing it as well? My biggest concern is really just of the parts from ebay being scratched or not looking good.

Had an S loaner while my X was in service and absolutely loved the utility of the yacht console, especially for when we took it for a road trip or when carrying a day backpack for easy access to stuff in it vs. having to keep it at the passenger side footwell. Anyone end up trying to get the yacht console in?

Reactions: MP3Mike