Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Cal Front Brake Job

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone in the So Cal area found a shop to do the brakes on a MS? I'm getting the little squeal from the front brakes, so I'm assuming its hitting the indicator clip. I have a 2013 P85 non red calipers, does anyone have part numbers for pads and/or rotors? I currently do not have the tools or space to do them my self or I would. Even if I can order the parts myself and take everything somewhere where they can change them out, that would be great too.

T.I.A.

Curious how many miles you have where you actually wore the pads down to indicators. I'd visually inspect them (or have them inspected) to make sure that you are at the indicators and don't just have a small foreign object (like a tiny rock or grain of sand or something) trapped/embedded between the pad & rotor surface.

Im about to have mine replaced at 142k. it was noisy at 100k but quieted down till aorund 140k. I dont have time to do it myself otherwise i would. im in oceanside and trust a shop that has done work on my tesla before, im bringing them the pads rotors and calipers though which i got off rock auto.

Can anyone tell me if the front brake job is just like any other brake job? Where is the brake fluid reservoir? I'm assuming if it is like a regular brake job, when pushing the pistons back in, the reservoir need to be open.

20190904_181501.jpg 20190904_181509.jpg20190904_181442.jpg

After doing some research on trying to source the parts and actively looking for a shop, I ended up finding a good year shop willing to work on my car. At first they were a little hesitant, but after making a few phone calls to find the parts they were more than willing to do the front brakes. They ended up using rotors and brakes from Centric. (CENTRIC 12152002 (121.52002) Rotor) (CENTRIC 10414741 (104-14741) Brake Pad). I was told everything looked good and everything went smooth!! Here is the shops info if anyone near the Downey, Ca area would like another option besides the dealer.

Ask for Mario, I highly recommend this place as the customer service was impeccable!!

M & R Goodyear Inc.
11500 Lakewood Blvd, Downey, CA 90241
(562) 923-5471

Google Maps