Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Cal (SGV) Tint/PPF recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys just picked up MY on saturday and looking to do tint and possibly PPF. Any recommendations near the San Gabriel Valley and also what brand you went with. Also curious how many guys have tinted all the windows for UV protection vs just the front. Any major difference tinting all vs just the front? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Reactions: asenseoftri
Hey guys just picked up MY on saturday and looking to do tint and possibly PPF. Any recommendations near the San Gabriel Valley and also what brand you went with. Also curious how many guys have tinted all the windows for UV protection vs just the front. Any major difference tinting all vs just the front? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
I got mines done at Auto Armour in San Diego. I went with XPEL Prime Plus 70% windshield, 35% all around. It reduced the heat for me and not needing to blast my AC often.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I got mines done at Auto Armour in San Diego. I went with XPEL Prime Plus 70% windshield, 35% all around. It reduced the heat for me and not needing to blast my AC often.

Are you happy with the work at Auto Armour? What was the price?

Deciding to do your roof is more of a personal preference. For me, I wanted all windows to offer uv protection and heat reduction.

I think you are right. It is personal preference. I was thinking of tinting my roof, but then I took my car for a drive when it was 110 degrees here in Los Angeles a few weeks ago. I felt like the OEM tint on the window did a great job of reflecting the heat. Plus, you can also set the cabin temperature to 78 degrees, so that the car is comfortable when you step back into the car. I don’t notice any materially significant battery drain. Maybe 1-2%, only.

I think I talked myself out of it now.

I think you are right. It is personal preference. I was thinking of tinting my roof, but then I took my car for a drive when it was 110 degrees here in Los Angeles a few weeks ago. I felt like the OEM tint on the window did a great job of reflecting the heat. Plus, you can also set the cabin temperature to 78 degrees, so that the car is comfortable when you step back into the car. I don’t notice any materially significant battery drain. Maybe 1-2%, only.

I think I talked myself out of it now.

I don’t think the oem glass has any tint. From my understanding it’s tempered glass. Either way it’s personal preference.

Also I don’t have facts to back this up and only had the tints for a week. The ceramic tints suppose to keep more of the heat out and keep your car cooler. Maybe the tints will prevent from pre-cooling the car and allows you to save that 1-2%?

I don’t think the oem glass has any tint. From my understanding it’s tempered glass. Either way it’s personal preference.

Also I don’t have facts to back this up and only had the tints for a week. The ceramic tints suppose to keep more of the heat out and keep your car cooler. Maybe the tints will prevent from pre-cooling the car and allows you to save that 1-2%?

I’ve read it comes with UV protection. As for tint...I don’t know, but mine seems to have some level of tint by just looking at it. Nevertheless, there’s enough there to sway me from paying hundreds of dollars more for more tint.

As for saving that extra 1-2% battery, I think I can do without having to worry about that. I charge once a week right now, as I am working from home every day. Even if I go back to the office in 2021, I still won’t need to charge more than every other day (at most).

Reactions: Carbonfiber