Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Cal Tint Recommendation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used Exoticar in West LA, and they did quick, neat and fairly priced work, I thought. I tinted the roof and the drivers windows, and blacked out the chrome entry buttons on the doors (they looked very finger-printy and messy in chrome).

Took my MX to G5 Tinting in Pasadena, CA. They've done several cars for me and they do terrific work. I had them do a film bra for the front of the car, tint the side windows, tint the Falcon Door top windows, and partial tint of the front windshield above the driver and passenger. I also suggest telling them to cut around the sensors if you do a front wrap. I've also thought about having them do a partial wrap where the Clean Vehicle stickers go so that I don't put them directly on paint. I've also contacted Tesla to ensure that window tinting is not a problem for sensors and they said no problem. However, Tesla does recommend cutting out film around the front sensors if you do a front-end wrap.

I use extreme autowerks in Cerritos. Tint the whole car, windshield, pano roof, all rest windows.
I use photosync tint and it literally blocks the heat from coming into the car
Love it!

I second that. I had my Model X tinted there and they were able to do the entire front windshield in one piece! Bonuses are the tint they use works REALLY well (I got Spectra Photosync) and customer service was top notch!