Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So disapointed in Transport Minister

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the risk of creating a temporary spike in inflation I certainly agree with this. That being said, nothing such as dedicated budget envelopes exists when it comes to public services in general so you know the big truck taxes would get wasted in some other flavour of the month-type of program.
I don't think our government is smart enough to address inflation in ontario when they just raised the cost of paying minimum wage employees by about 30% in 1 year. Completely out of touch.

As far as transportation/road costs, they drive a major part of the Ontario budget. I do my part by driving the lightest passenger car made that operates on the least amount of energy. I also try to buy local grown foods to reduce transportation (and therefore carbon).

<RANT>

If trucking had to pay for their "share" of the road maintenance expense based on the physical property of their heavy vehicles, everyone would have to pay more for their Tim Horton's, and likely far more than the increase in minimum wage have had.

Wondering how the well off franchise owners would react to such increased costs, I mean, they're already reducing benefits to workers...