Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So frustrated with the HEAT in my model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My heat doesn’t work unless I have the setting on “HI” (which is over 81 degrees). Then it blows a lot of very hot air. I moved the temp down to 78 degrees and get cool air! I’ve brought the car in, again, for this issue and just got it back with no solution “the diagnostics on the car are all fine”. Has anyone else had any issues with the heat?

So I have cold air, cooler air, and extremely hot air! This is very upsetting for an expensive car and such a seemingly minor issue.

Is Range Mode on? That def alters the HVAC algorithm. I used to turn on Range Mode only when on road trips. While I don’t need to crank it to 81 to get heat, I def needed to turn it up a few degs to get equivalent heating w/o Range Mode on. I now never use it so it’s a non-issue.

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX
Preheating used to be much warmer when the maximum temperature setting (below HI) was 31.5 rather than 27.5. From what I've experienced, range mode is mostly good for short local trips and/or frequent stops (visiting several stores, etc.). However, I've never experienced the A/C effect that the OP describes.

Thanks for everyone’s feedback. I do not have range mode on. To add to my issue: when I “turned the car on”using the Tesla App and put the interior climate to 74 degrees ( it was 48 degrees - I live in NJ) the car was 74 when I got into the car. So the heat worked upon turning it on, albeit remotely. So now it seems the heat doesn’t work properly when I am driving the car and altering the temperature.

Reactions: dbldwn02
Thanks for everyone’s feedback. I do not have range mode on. To add to my issue: when I “turned the car on”using the Tesla App and put the interior climate to 74 degrees ( it was 48 degrees - I live in NJ) the car was 74 when I got into the car. So the heat worked upon turning it on, albeit remotely. So now it seems the heat doesn’t work properly when I am driving the car and altering the temperature.
*** I got the car February 2018***

My heat doesn’t work unless I have the setting on “HI” (which is over 81 degrees). Then it blows a lot of very hot air. I moved the temp down to 78 degrees and get cool air! I’ve brought the car in, again, for this issue and just got it back with no solution “the diagnostics on the car are all fine”. Has anyone else had any issues with the heat?

So I have cold air, cooler air, and extremely hot air! This is very upsetting for an expensive car and such a seemingly minor issue.

This is not typical. The only issue I had, with my first Tesla, was that the foot wells would tend to be cold on very cold days. My 2018 is fine.

Reactions: neroden
I bought the orange one first. Then I fabbed my own and works way better. Im not sure why the person who is selling these designed it so small. Mine directs way more air than the smaller one. Now I can feel a little more air flowing over my feet. Way better. Before I mass produce this anyone interested in trying one lol?

Attachments

• 20190212_215032.jpg
    20190212_215032.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: GeoX750 and croman