Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So, got a random recall text from Tesla service yesterday...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, this was legit - same number that confirmed my last appointment.

Tesla: Sir,This is Tesla virtual service,
There are several non safety related recalls that can be performed on your Model X. Would you like to schedule them?

Me: No recalls are listed for my VIN on Teslas site. What are the bulletins?

Tesla: Remove Gap Hiding Seals. Resecure Triple Camera Windshield Bracket. Reroute Main Front Body Harness. Some of these may be to just inspect and correct if needed.

First of all, kudos to Tesla for being proactive about minor stuff like this, but I do live in Spokane, so the SS here probably isn’t exactly socked with bookings. Still, I’m reluctant to do this at this time for obvious reasons. Has anyone had a similar recall performed and did it seem worth it, or should I just wait until I have a more pressing reason to go in?

Reactions: z168
Never heard this before but would you mind giving some insight into your car e.g. Month/Year AP, MCU, etc.? It'll help to know for comparison to others.

I have a mobile tech coming Thursday, I'll ask about those and see if they give any feedback :D

Was the txt from a (786) 828-xxxx number? I also received a txt from Tesla Virtual Service but was not sure if it was legit. They were asking if I wanted to order a part that I had called my local SC about the cost.

BTW, this was legit - same number that confirmed my last appointment.

Tesla: Sir,This is Tesla virtual service,
There are several non safety related recalls that can be performed on your Model X. Would you like to schedule them?

Me: No recalls are listed for my VIN on Teslas site. What are the bulletins?

Tesla: Remove Gap Hiding Seals. Resecure Triple Camera Windshield Bracket. Reroute Main Front Body Harness. Some of these may be to just inspect and correct if needed.

First of all, kudos to Tesla for being proactive about minor stuff like this, but I do live in Spokane, so the SS here probably isn’t exactly socked with bookings. Still, I’m reluctant to do this at this time for obvious reasons. Has anyone had a similar recall performed and did it seem worth it, or should I just wait until I have a more pressing reason to go in?
Where can I find the recall/vin number information

So I read the NHTSA link for the “Gap hiding seals” recall and it is to remedy the issue of the FWD causing paint issues around the door frame when the door closes.

Will Tesla repair the wear marks on the door frame as well since paint has rubbed off over time due to this issue that they are finally correcting?

I have multi-coat red and the paint is gone in some spots due to this door pressure.

So I read the NHTSA link for the “Gap hiding seals” recall and it is to remedy the issue of the FWD causing paint issues around the door frame when the door closes.

Will Tesla repair the wear marks on the door frame as well since paint has rubbed off over time due to this issue that they are finally correcting?

I have multi-coat red and the paint is gone in some spots due to this door pressure.

They have in the past. My car had to be sent to a body shop for it.