TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

So grateful for Peace of Mind from Tesla SC in Raleigh!!

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Mrcook4590, Jul 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mrcook4590

Mrcook4590 Member

Almost two weeks ago, someone backed into my car in a parking lot. I got her info. Her husband said he owns a body place and could likely buff out the scratch. I didn't agree to that but told him I would speak to my husband about it and get his opinion. Turns out that there is a small dent near my license plate, so I contacted her and asked if she was going to go through her insurance. Crickets. So I contacted her insurance as well as my own to start a claim. I told them up front I would only go to a Tesla-approved repair facility. I heard from her rep early last week and then, again, crickets. He said he had to get his insured's version of the events before they could approve repairs, etc. No problem.

On Monday, I called and left a message as well as sent an email asking what the next step is. Nothing. Tuesday I called and got the voicemail again, so I found an alternate number. The lady there told me he should call me back in 30 minutes. An hour later, I called him back again and got his answering machine... again. By this point, I'm losing my patience, so I called the alternate number again. He was nowhere to be seen in the office, so I let the lady know I was not at all happy with the lack of communication, that he had better call me back ASAP or I was going to have to file a police report. Not 5 minutes later he called. It turns out that the insured's version was slightly different. She said she wasn't sure if my car was in motion or not. She didn't see any headlights, she did hear someone screaming (ME!! "DON'T HIT MY CAR"), but she thought that it looked like my car had moved maybe three feet. :eek::confused:

While I do have a witness to the accident, after a week and a half, she might not remember if my car was in motion or not. This is where Tesla Service Center in Raleigh really came through for me. They pulled my logs for that date and gave me specific times of when my car was parked, when the key was in it, and when it was actually put into motion. (There was a slight snafu at first because apparently all logs are recorded in PST, and they hadn't switched to EST). Add that to the time when I texted her so she had my cell and I had hers, and I have proof that my car was, indeed, not in motion. I cannot tell you how relieved I am to have this information at my fingertips!! TSC Raleigh has saved me from having to fight a he said/she said battle where I would have even possibly had to pay for the repairs. Just one more reason to love my Tesla! It not only protects me with peace of mind for how well the car performed on crash tests but also from 'forgetfulness' of others. Need to find where to write a review for the higher ups to see...

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  2. HadoukenZR

HadoukenZR Member

I've been in similar situations. Rear ended twice on separate occasions. Both times I asked to get police reports because of situations exactly like this.

I've heard the "My boyfriend works at a dealership so we can get that fixed no problem" story before. No thanks,

It's great that the SC was able to pull the logs and confirm your story but I think the bigger lesson here is to get police reports if possible. Or install a dash cam and save that as evidence if needed.

• Like x 1