Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So...has anyone dyno'ed a P3D yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've searched the forums, YouTube, and r/TeslaMotors and I still have yet to see a dyno test for a Tesla Model 3 Performance. I'm very curious to see what actual whp versus rated horsepower is? Anyone?

If nothing, I got the call that they have a P3D+ on the way for me. I was thinking maybe I find a shop that can do and AWD dyno and make a YouTube video of it myself.

Reactions: mcbarnet007
I've considered taking mine to a tuning shop across the boarder, there's one that's about 23 miles from the nearest supercharger, so I could hypothetically get there with about 93% SOC. The reason I haven't is I've been concerned my P3D- won't have the traction to do a full dig without breaking traction on the rollers with the all seasons.

AWD dynos aren't all that common/cheap.

I'm going to get mine to the dragstrip soon, hopefully in the next few weeks. The only negative is that there are zero charging options reasonably close to the strip (that I can find at least). I think best case I'll be able to run it at maybe 85%.

OK, 0.5 % difference or so. Not enough to be statistically significant. For the same diameter tire, same width, only an inch or two difference in the wheel, the weight won't be enough different to worry about. The aerodynamics of the wheel is what makes up the bulk of the range difference. HP and Torque differences are going to be down in the weeds.

Bump.. (Still waiting on my P3D-) hoping a lucky soul who has one will be heading to the Dyno soon :cool:

I'm tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday (still deciding if it's worth the $$). The dyno shop isn't sure if it will work, because they don't know if the front and rear motors ramp up at the same rate. I told them if they're willing to try, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Also need to plan to charge accordingly, since it's 40 miles from home. I can leave to work with a full charge in the morning, and then just show up with whatever is left. Might be close to 85% SOC if I take it easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhaseWhite
I'm tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday (still deciding if it's worth the $$). The dyno shop isn't sure if it will work, because they don't know if the front and rear motors ramp up at the same rate. I told them if they're willing to try, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Also need to plan to charge accordingly, since it's 40 miles from home. I can leave to work with a full charge in the morning, and then just show up with whatever is left. Might be close to 85% SOC if I take it easy.
It's tricky because I threw older cars on the dyno after I added modifications, that really isn't a thing with these.

It's tricky because I threw older cars on the dyno after I added modifications, that really isn't a thing with these.

Yeah, that was part of my hold up, but I'm going forward with it for informational purposes. If Track mode or Ludicrous ever get released, I guess there would be some point to go back and test again. (Not that track mode would make a difference, but Ludicrous would).

Also, there's bound to be debate regarding whether or not it was done correctly, the type of dyno used etc etc. I'm just going to go with it, take some video, and report back to the forums.

Maybe @Mysterylectric or someone else who’s posted results could offer some advice? I believe the car’s traction control might need to be disabled for best results?

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr

Where at? I didn't know anyone in the area had a dyne for AWD.