Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So has everyone been invited to configure? (Anyone on here still waiting for invite?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I've been reading it seems like everyone including people who just reserved (non-owners) a few months ago have been invited to configure. Is that true?

Has anyone who has made a reservation NOT been invited yet to configure?

I reserved in March 2018 and did not receive a configuration email, but found the “ start designing” button active and configured. The big question for me is how are all these (200,000+) vehicles going to be delivered in the specified 3-5 months that everyone has been told. 200,000 deposits at $2500 each = $500 million. That will look great on the balance sheet and allow Tesla to keep building a great car.

I have a 2nd reservation that was made little over a year ago. This to me clearly looks like a play to make there earnings call look better. My real concern is there asking for $2500 more except now it won't take about a month to get the car, you will get it in maybe 2 to 4 months??? What if it takes longer, do they hold that non refundable deposit indefinately?

I reserved the day Tesla started taking reservations. I own a Model S but waited until the configuration I wanted was available — all wheel drive, 310 battery range, and most important, the performance version. As the latter wasn’t available until very recently I ended up placing my order today. Tesla tells me delivery will be in August or September, which for me is perfect.

I reserved the day Tesla started taking reservations. I own a Model S but waited until the configuration I wanted was available — all wheel drive, 310 battery range, and most important, the performance version. As the latter wasn’t available until very recently I ended up placing my order today. Tesla tells me delivery will be in August or September, which for me is perfect.

Same here--I could have had a RWD Model 3 in February, but wanted the AWD Performance. I ordered on the 27th (as soon as they opened up the P configs). I can wait--it's not like I am suffering while driving my 2013 S85 (....even though it is not as heavily customized as Rick's).

Never received an email to configure AWD, but have been able to configure for a few weeks. Ordered my black interior AWD early this week after I saw that white interior wasn't going to be a no-cost premium option, even when it is finally offered for non-performance cars.:(

I reserved two years ago last April, but have still not received an e-mail invitation to configure. I have the option to configure when I login to my Tesla account though. Now that I have the opportunity to configure, I have a slight case of stage fright. I'm wondering what the long-term viability of Tesla is. Will they be able to achieve profitability or go bankrupt? Will Tesla have the resources to fix those little Model 3 bugs? Is Elon Musk going nuts?

I'm so pissed.. I have not been invited and I reserved two days ago!

Good to know! I wonder how long you have to wait now. I have to wait 3 days between reservation and design earlier this week. I told all my coworkers about it. Most of them wanted to get a M3 but heard about 500000+ order and knew that they won't get one for years.

I bet most of the line waiters (waiting for the AWD) are still waiting for their email invites while their "ready to design" sitting at the website waiting for them.

I reserved two years ago last April, but have still not received an e-mail invitation to configure. I have the option to configure when I login to my Tesla account though. Now that I have the opportunity to configure, I have a slight case of stage fright. I'm wondering what the long-term viability of Tesla is. Will they be able to achieve profitability or go bankrupt? Will Tesla have the resources to fix those little Model 3 bugs? Is Elon Musk going nuts?

They will not go bankrupt. Someone will loan them cash or Elon has stockpiles elsewhere (and in other companies). I still believe in the master plan!

Good to know! I wonder how long you have to wait now. I have to wait 3 days between reservation and design earlier this week. I told all my coworkers about it. Most of them wanted to get a M3 but heard about 500000+ order and knew that they won't get one for years.

I bet most of the line waiters (waiting for the AWD) are still waiting for their email invites while their "ready to design" sitting at the website waiting for them.

3 days for me too. I can configure today :)

Reactions: Need