Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So how does one go about getting this trim piece?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WilliamG

Hinge Fanatic
Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
I've had this missing since I picked up the car, I assume, but didn't really care enough to get it replaced when I noticed it a few months back.

It's some sort of trim piece that I have on one side of the windshield but not on the other. Looks like it covers that "cog"/hinge thingy. Anyone know what it's called?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 53C24B88-6B59-41BC-BD5E-7C127413018C_1_105_c.jpeg
    53C24B88-6B59-41BC-BD5E-7C127413018C_1_105_c.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 109
OK I think it's a RH Hood Hinge Cover...

Anyone confirm for me so I feel better? :D
That's probably right. I have a cover on both sides, but that thing doesn't seem very secure. It rattles to the touch, especially on the driver's side of my car. I wonder if this is a contributing factor to some of the complaints of noise coming from the A-pillar area?

That's probably right. I have a cover on both sides, but that thing doesn't seem very secure. It rattles to the touch, especially on the driver's side of my car. I wonder if this is a contributing factor to some of the complaints of noise coming from the A-pillar area?

Possibly. My driver’s one is “loose”, too. But I don’t hear it when driving or anything.

When I needed a part (a plastic clip), I went to a service center assuming they would have one in stock and I could just pick it up right then. They did not have the part and they could not even figure out what the part number was.

They told me to submit a service request in theTesla app with a general description of the part. A few days before the appointment they texted me asking me to reply with a picture of what I needed.

Once the part arrived, they offered to installed it for me. No charge for part or labor. (It took them literally 10 seconds to snap the part place)

Heh. Thanks, - I said screw it and bought one on eBay a little bit ago for $20. Figured it was not worth my sanity to deal with service.

I've actually had pretty good luck with the parts departments at a few of the service centers. Parts are pretty cheap directly from Tesla, also. A bracket for the Homelink module cost me $14 when eBayers were asking upwards of $50.

I've actually had pretty good luck with the parts departments at a few of the service centers. Parts are pretty cheap directly from Tesla, also. A bracket for the Homelink module cost me $14 when eBayers were asking upwards of $50.

I’ll bear that in mind for next time, thank you. Not really feeling going to a service center etc right now, so, hopefully I didn’t overpay too much. :)