Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So how many speeding tickets have you gotten so far?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, having had my Model S 90D since September 2015 I thought I had it all figured out. Keep an eye peeled for the chippers, take my foot off the accelerator, decelerate rapidly, and all would be well. No harm no foul. Of course, today I was in a crappy mood and did not notice the white SUV coming around the corner while I was doing 75 mph in a 55 mph. Result, I got a speeding ticket. Have not had one of those since sometime in the early 1980's when I was making a run down from Hood River, Oregon to Sacramento, CA in my Volkswagen Jetta and I practically ran over a chipper as he dawdled along in the fast lane at 55 mph. Jeeze. So what am I doing wrong? I had a Canadian friend who had a little radar help in his car. Is there something missing in my Model S? Elon? Are you feeling me?

So, having had my Model S 90D since September 2015 I thought I had it all figured out. Keep an eye peeled for the chippers, take my foot off the accelerator, decelerate rapidly, and all would be well. No harm no foul. Of course, today I was in a crappy mood and did not notice the white SUV coming around the corner while I was doing 75 mph in a 55 mph. Result, I got a speeding ticket. Have not had one of those since sometime in the early 1980's when I was making a run down from Hood River, Oregon to Sacramento, CA in my Volkswagen Jetta and I practically ran over a chipper as he dawdled along in the fast lane at 55 mph. Jeeze. So what am I doing wrong? I had a Canadian friend who had a little radar help in his car. Is there something missing in my Model S? Elon? Are you feeling me?

Sorry RJ, sounds like a radar detector wouldn't have helped.

Up here they sit on the bridge over the overpass and laser you. Staties are all about the speeding tickets and that's it, let's not kid ourselves.

I saw a thread here about six months ago by a guy who had a great radar detector and covert laser jammer installed. It was made out of a distance measurer. I could have sworn I took notes, but can't find them now.

Up here they sit on the bridge over the overpass and laser you. Staties are all about the speeding tickets and that's it, let's not kid ourselves.

I saw a thread here about six months ago by a guy who had a great radar detector and covert laser jammer installed. It was made out of a distance measurer. I could have sworn I took notes, but can't find them now.
Send it my way if you happen to find it ;)

Lol, i had like 8 tickets last 5 years.
All in the netherlands.
Collected them all in 300.000km

30 - 36=25 euro
30 - 37=31 euro
50 - 65=102 euro
80 - 87= 29 euro
80 - 89= 35 euro
100 - 107=29 euro
120 - 128=32 euro
130 - 135=19 euro

Some other tickets
No insurrens for a total-loss scooter. In my garage: 380 euro
Wrong parking: 90 euro
Driving scooter without licence: 220 euro.

Will wait what the model 3 will do for those numbers.

• Funny
Reactions: 2krazykats
Lol, i had like 8 tickets last 5 years.
All in the netherlands.
Collected them all in 300.000km

30 - 36=25 euro
30 - 37=31 euro
50 - 65=102 euro
80 - 87= 29 euro
80 - 89= 35 euro
100 - 107=29 euro
120 - 128=32 euro
130 - 135=19 euro

Some other tickets
No insurrens for a total-loss scooter. In my garage: 380 euro
Wrong parking: 90 euro
Driving scooter without licence: 220 euro.

Will wait what the model 3 will do for those numbers.
Finally! Someone other than the holier-than-thou '0' ticket holders. I was one of them for 30 years until yesterday.
(Oops, does that make me one of them?)

Well, other than hurting your wallet - wait a minute - "In your garage" - How the heck do you get a ticket in your garage?

I got pulled over for the first time ever after I got my Model S. Thankfully for me, the officer got called to an accident during the stop so I got off with a verbal warning.

I usually do my best to stay within 5MPH of the speed limit. Works pretty well for the most part. In this one case, the limit dropped sharply and I didn't catch it in time. Probably would have happened in any other car too, but it's more fun to blame it on the Model S.

Well, other than hurting your wallet - wait a minute - "In your garage" - How the heck do you get a ticket in your garage?
A scooter has a licence plate in the netherlands,
So they do every week a check in the database if there are licence plates without insurance and you get automatically a ticket.
And it was not automaticly extended to next year. I had a warning 6 weeks before that date, but i forgot.
o and the value of that scooter was 10-20 euro's or something.

almost all my tickets are automaticty send due the systems in the netherlands.
I have normally like 6 speeding camara's every day on my road. and then some temporary camara's on different places.

so sometimes you pass an other car at a wrong moment, and then you get a ticket :).
Its still less then 0,5% of my car expenses. i can save more money with less energy consumption for my car and get the speed down all the time :).