Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So how much will this cost me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a good Tesla approved body and paint repair shop in or around London area? I need to get a 50p size dent near the registration plate for repair and the paint is chipped. Or do I have to get it repaired by Tesla since I have it on PCP? Thanks!

• Disagree
Reactions: Mr K O’Watt
is it near end of lease? does it meet the BCA checklist. If it passes on there most likely you can return with a lower fee then going to independent

Does anyone have a good Tesla approved body and paint repair shop in or around London area? I need to get a 50p size dent near the registration plate for repair and the paint is chipped. Or do I have to get it repaired by Tesla since I have it on PCP? Thanks!

Your can see the list of the tesla approved bodyshops on there website, there is no reason you need to go to a Tesla approved though, any smart repair company should be able to sort it for you. If you go to a Tesla approved bodyshop expect to pay 10x the price of a smart repair company. Tesla do not do any paint/bodywork repairs themselves.

The car is halfway into the lease. I am attaching the photo of the damage. I was quoted £1400 for repair or £2000 for replacing in case the radar is damaged (but I have not seen any error messages regarding any sensor or radar issue) by the approved repair guy. Thanks for the replies guys. Really appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_2178.JPG
    IMG_2178.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 175
Get a stick on number plate prior to returning the car. I certainly wouldn’t bother having it repaired. I have always left minor damage until the last month of lease and then had them repaired if severe. Repair now and you can guarantee it will get damaged again!

Good idea! Yeah that's what I was thinking that with my luck and the joys of living in London is that the moment I fix it, someone will redecorate it soon after! :eek:

Grrr - some &^% must have hit my car with a shopping trolly (I did not sentry mode on) and so I have this little present now!

Spoke to Tesla, who suggested I contact their approved body shop, which I did and got a quote for £3K - I am shocked at how expensive this quote is.

Does anyone have any experience of such scratch / dents? - how are these mobile services? any one have any experience in North London?

I have requested a few quotes but thought I would check here too :(

Attachments

• Car damaged.jpg
    Car damaged.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 68