Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I’ve had the 2021 LR for a month…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Minor point - you say early on that the Performance model gets carbon fibre to replace the (real) wood sections... it doesn't. It is the same interior in all trim levels, the only difference is if you go for white the wood parts become white plastic.

Reactions: OneTinyFish
I can't say I've had any issues with the new ones so maybe a part or coding change.
I've had no issue with the old one's either. People were moaning in general about the reversing lights not being some kind of floodlight, and the mirrors taking a few second to un-tint when you put the car into reverse. Never been an issue for me, but I have a motion activated light so it's not dark when I reverse onto my drive.

Minor point - you say early on that the Performance model gets carbon fibre to replace the (real) wood sections... it doesn't. It is the same interior in all trim levels, the only difference is if you go for white the wood parts become white plastic.
Another minor point is that the early 2021s didn't have wood on the doors. Fair play to the OP for making a video of a car that is known for its many in-life changes :)

Reactions: OneTinyFish
In your case presumably the biggest difference is that this one doesn't have a massive dent in the back?
Indeed! In fact, the power-assisted boot lid is something I miss already now it's gone back this morning.
It's not a new feature, they got rid of them after complaints of being unusable at night then added them back again.
Another minor point is that the early 2021s didn't have wood on the doors. Fair play to the OP for making a video of a car that is known for its many in-life changes :)
Thank you both @bobbychariot @init6 for the corrections! I will issue a correction :)
...or a dog hanging off the back bumper.
Or a peacock attack.

Snag_24c7ee35.png