Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I bought FSD on Delivery day...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...am I right in observing that there is currently NO WAY to verify FSD is enabled in the car, other than my payment receipt?!

I guess I have to wait until v9.0 next month to see if those few "baby FSD" features show up or not.

Am I right here? Or is there a screen somewhere to confirm it's enabled? There really should be a "features enabled" screen (showing lifetime Supercharging, EAP, FSD, etc).

Reactions: neroden
by receipt, you mean your MVPA when your car was delivered? Mine says it on that document, which is also uploaded to my "mytesla" account. that is the only place i see it for mine...

Thanks! And there it is -- they apparently amended my original MVPA when I bought FSD on Delivery day. Phew, good to know it's all there and I don't have to go digging for the receipt when the first FSD features come out.

Thanks again!

Spud, if i can ask, what was the main thing you were looking into FSD providing you? I know the claims that Tesla makes, but realistically, what features would make it worthwhile the spend the extra cash on that feature? I ask because I haven't had mine delivered yet, so I might have that option when I pick up and want to make sure i'm not missing out on anything significant

Spud, if i can ask, what was the main thing you were looking into FSD providing you? I know the claims that Tesla makes, but realistically, what features would make it worthwhile the spend the extra cash on that feature? I ask because I haven't had mine delivered yet, so I might have that option when I pick up and want to make sure i'm not missing out on anything significant

Ummmmmmm... the difference between driving (or having to be attentive in the driver's seat) and having a 24/7 chaueffeur (something that only billionaires can afford today). Even if they charged $100,000 for FSD, if/when it works, it'll be worth EVERY penny!!

I asked for FSD the previous day to delivery. I didn't have to pay the bonus, but seems an exceptional situation, as they didn't have time to include in the delivery. I got the payment card and got it "activated" one month later.

Ummmmmmm... the difference between driving (or having to be attentive in the driver's seat) and having a 24/7 chaueffeur (something that only billionaires can afford today). Even if they charged $100,000 for FSD, if/when it works, it'll be worth EVERY penny!!
Lol, yes I’ve heard all of Tesla’s claims, been a tesla owner for too long to believe it all however. I’m asking that even if all the claims due not come to fruition, at what point (FSD abilities) does buying FSD make it worth it for people to purchase? Would finding automatic parking spots and true summon pick up be enough of a “gimmick” for now or are they looking for “input destination and activate chauffeur mode” from day one? Melanie, did u get FSD? If not, the question was tailored for ppl that actually did since I wanna pick what made them swing one way or another

Lol, yes I’ve heard all of Tesla’s claims, been a tesla owner for too long to believe it all however. I’m asking that even if all the claims due not come to fruition, at what point (FSD abilities) does buying FSD make it worth it for people to purchase? Would finding automatic parking spots and true summon pick up be enough of a “gimmick” for now or are they looking for “input destination and activate chauffeur mode” from day one? Melanie, did u get FSD? If not, the question was tailored for ppl that actually did since I wanna pick what made them swing one way or another

Yes with my X ordered FSD. It was purchased as a business vehicle under the 100% federal tax deduction rule new to late 2017 and 2018, and therefore the $3000 was more like $1500 after tax deductions. To me, $1500 is a small price to pay compared to $5000 post delivery...

I didnt put that much thought into it. Basically I was gambling. Since I was already at 100K, why not 3K more. But more specifically, I know my wife. If i added it on at 3K, she was more likely to approve vs dropping 5K later separate from the loan. So in short, i had hopes something of it would come to fruition w/in 8 years.

Buying FSD on delivery day?...

Just curious - did you pay the bonus (after delivery price) for adding it on after the fact or did you pay the original feature charge?
If you buy on Delivery Day it's the Invoice price -- after Delivery Day is $4K for people who ordered before June 30, $5K after I think. I mostly made my decision on Elon's Tweet that this Fall v9.0 will include a couple of very basic early FSD features (stop sign detection, etc).

Seems completely lost on people that

1.) You are buying into AP3 hardware when it is released.

2.) Elon and devs have had some FSD features for over a year now. Just because it’s not installed in your car doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

We don't know what the AP3 hardware suite will contain.

The faster processor is supposed to be backwards compatible with AP 2.x, and it appears Tesla intends to provide that upgrade free to vehicles with FSD activated.

AP3 may also include changes to the sensor suite - those would probably not be retrofitted to AP2.x vehicles, unless those changes are required to achieve FSD program goals.

Dear kaiserpathos

Thanks for your post.
I'm thinker I'm the only one with the same problem.
I also have FSD Upgrade and the only thing to prove I got it is the bill from the upgrade.

I also called some tesla phones and asked if the can see what feature and upgrade my car have.
From 3 calls no one can give me feedback.

I really hope the give is with V9 some info screen so we can see what we have.
Because I think it's a feature for the future and worth a lot of it is working.
Like the unlimited SC for the old 2013 tesla give them a good reselling price.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
If you buy on Delivery Day it's the Invoice price -- after Delivery Day is $4K for people who ordered before June 30, $5K after I think. I mostly made my decision on Elon's Tweet that this Fall v9.0 will include a couple of very basic early FSD features (stop sign detection, etc).
EM latest tweet on FSD is that some FSD features will come out along with new AP3/HW3, and is in 4-6 months Elon’s time. He never mentioned what they are going to be.

Thanks! And there it is -- they apparently amended my original MVPA when I bought FSD on Delivery day. Phew, good to know it's all there and I don't have to go digging for the receipt when the first FSD features come out.

Thanks again!
Hi Kaiser,

Since you purchased it on delivery day, did you have to pay the $500 modification fee that Tesla charges to modify your order? I inquired about adding FSD to my X and my OA said there's no way around paying the $500. If you found a way around it, would you mind sending me your VIN so I can show it to my OA and have him process the FSD, I think I'm gonna get it if I can avoid the fee. Thanks!

Hi Kaiser,

Since you purchased it on delivery day, did you have to pay the $500 modification fee that Tesla charges to modify your order? I inquired about adding FSD to my X and my OA said there's no way around paying the $500. If you found a way around it, would you mind sending me your VIN so I can show it to my OA and have him process the FSD, I think I'm gonna get it if I can avoid the fee. Thanks!

Dear callmehere
I belive compare others VIN and Order is not a good idea.
Because sometimes the sellers give a little special to the customer, maybe to compensate other defects.
Often some defects like paint bubbles (you only can see if you look in the sun in the tung-angel-right direction)
you cleary can't fix and give you a goodie for compensations.