Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I bought the performance upgrade....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ACCIDENTLY, with my iPhone in my pocket with the TESLA app still open...

About 15 min. later I get an alert from my bank that I just spent $2K with Tesla. I opened my phone and realized somehow I had ordered this upgrade with my app left open... They let you cancel your order easily via the APP, which I did immediately. Now waiting 3-5 days for a refund, per the Tesla app (haven;t see it yet in my bank account yet)

I did a quick search but did not see others that experienced this. Few learnings for others.

1. Tesla owners = CLOSE the app, prior to putting your phone in your pocket
2. Tesla = Update the Tesla app, so you have to confirm/take 2 steps to order your upgrades. Make a similar experience when download a new app, etc...

Hope this helps others -

About 15 min. later I get an alert from my bank that I just spent $2K with Tesla. I opened my phone and realized somehow I had ordered this upgrade with my app left open... They let you cancel your order easily via the APP, which I did immediately. Now waiting 3-5 days for a refund, per the Tesla app (haven;t see it yet in my bank account yet)

I did a quick search but did not see others that experienced this. Few learnings for others.

2. Tesla = Update the Tesla app, so you have to confirm/take 2 steps to order your upgrades. Make a similar experience when download a new app, etc...

Hope this helps others -

I recall reading that Tesla added the ability to cancel and get a refund within 48 hours due to similar complaints. So you’re definitely not alone.

Hope this helps others -

Seems like a good way to get this past the wife.... gonna put my phone in my pocket for a bit, brb.

• Funny
Reactions: interfx and P85_DA