Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I bought the performance upgrade....

interfx

Feb 22, 2020
Greater Atlanta
ACCIDENTLY, with my iPhone in my pocket with the TESLA app still open...

About 15 min. later I get an alert from my bank that I just spent $2K with Tesla. I opened my phone and realized somehow I had ordered this upgrade with my app left open... They let you cancel your order easily via the APP, which I did immediately. Now waiting 3-5 days for a refund, per the Tesla app (haven;t see it yet in my bank account yet)

I did a quick search but did not see others that experienced this. Few learnings for others.

1. Tesla owners = CLOSE the app, prior to putting your phone in your pocket
2. Tesla = Update the Tesla app, so you have to confirm/take 2 steps to order your upgrades. Make a similar experience when download a new app, etc...

Hope this helps others -

GRACKLE

Oct 28, 2020
Austin, TX

About 15 min. later I get an alert from my bank that I just spent $2K with Tesla. I opened my phone and realized somehow I had ordered this upgrade with my app left open... They let you cancel your order easily via the APP, which I did immediately. Now waiting 3-5 days for a refund, per the Tesla app (haven;t see it yet in my bank account yet)

I did a quick search but did not see others that experienced this. Few learnings for others.

2. Tesla = Update the Tesla app, so you have to confirm/take 2 steps to order your upgrades. Make a similar experience when download a new app, etc...

Hope this helps others -

I recall reading that Tesla added the ability to cancel and get a refund within 48 hours due to similar complaints. So you’re definitely not alone.

jeffbco

Jun 7, 2020
Austin, TX
I recall reading that Tesla added the ability to cancel and get a refund within 48 hours due to similar complaints. So you’re definitely not alone.
From the initial offering of the Performance Boost you got a 48 hour trial period during which time you could cancel your order and get a refund. AFAIK, 48 hours was not tied to inadvertent purchase.

qdeathstar

Completely Serious
May 17, 2019
VB

Hope this helps others -

Seems like a good way to get this past the wife.... gonna put my phone in my pocket for a bit, brb.

• Funny
Reactions: interfx and P85_DA

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC