Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I gave up on the Model 3... and bought a Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I came to my senses. Although the Model 3 is a very cool and advanced automobile, I could not resist the allure of that huge and beautiful Model S sitting next to a Model 3 in the showroom. Not only is a Model S a stunning car (with its new front end), but it has double the cargo room and will make my life so much easier when I have to transport my keyboard to gigs. Plus being a mid 60's guy, the seats feel larger and there is tons of room inside. So I got the D75 without the upgraded radio and heated steering wheel (Hello! I live in So Cal). Got Autopilot and was happy not to spend another $4000 on seats! I actually prefer the feel of the textile seats.

The best part is that I can take delivery in three weeks! Guaranteed! Not to mention free Super Charging. But it all came down to the fact that the S is worth an extra $20K to upgrade.

So the Summon feature will be quite handy in fitting my S into my 94 inch wide garage.

I never spent this much money on a car... but what the Hell.... I have no kids and you can't take it with you.

So I came to my senses. Although the Model 3 is a very cool and advanced automobile, I could not resist the allure of that huge and beautiful Model S sitting next to a Model 3 in the showroom. Not only is a Model S a stunning car (with its new front end), but it has double the cargo room and will make my life so much easier when I have to transport my keyboard to gigs. Plus being a mid 60's guy, the seats feel larger and there is tons of room inside. So I got the D75 without the upgraded radio and heated steering wheel (Hello! I live in So Cal). Got Autopilot and was happy not to spend another $4000 on seats! I actually prefer the feel of the textile seats.

The best part is that I can take delivery in three weeks! Guaranteed! Not to mention free Super Charging. But it all came down to the fact that the S is worth an extra $20K to upgrade.

So the Summon feature will be quite handy in fitting my S into my 94 inch wide garage.

I never spent this much money on a car... but what the Hell.... I have no kids and you can't take it with you.
oh yeah, I forgot to ask.... can you will me your keyboard ;-)

How did you pull off delivery in 3 weeks? This seems way out of the norm? We are assuming new correct? Enjoy the ride!

I was also waiting for a model 3 performance. When i priced the model 3 with performance, premium white interior and performance package, it came out at $70500. Model S 75D similar options $78050. For $8k. And .5sec quicker. Not worth the price. Is like comparing a BMW 3 series to a BMW 7 series. That been said, I canceled my model 3 order, and got a Model S.

Reactions: MarkKW
Did the same thing, was a day 1 reservation older, configured finally my Model 3 AWD as I wanted, for 15k more I had an S.
Ordered the S.

But how can you take delivery in three weeks guaranteed ? I understand your are is SoCal but in Canada they tell us 6-8 weeks for a new Model S :(

Picking up my S on Monday. It was three weeks since I ordered it. My salesperson found the exact config I wanted assigned to a dealer in the northeast and hijacked it off the line. That’s why it was so fast!

So I know that there have been several quality control issues on deliveries of the 3, but I have not read many posts complaining about S defects. What should I look for? Paint? Panels? Can I ask for a test drive before I sign the papers?

• Informative
Reactions: MarkKW