Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I got my car back from service and the app is stuck in "Vehicle in Service"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a trick to getting the mobile app out of "Vehicle in Service" I have:
  • Called the service center who forgot to close the work order
  • Called Tesla support who asked me to give it an hour.
  • Rebooted the center console
  • Rebooted the dashboard
  • Powered the car off for 5 minutes
  • Checked the app settings
  • Uninstalled the app
  • Reinstalled the app.
  • Contemplated sacrificing a goat.. :)
Thoughts? Currently it is escalated as they do not know what to do.. They have pulled the mythical logs and are reviewing them.

I think you'll probably be fine, once the service center closes the work order.

Mistakes happen. This is a relatively minor one, with relatively minor negative ramifications for you. You are sure to have bigger issues than this at some point, so I wouldn't let this one bother you too much. I'm sure that by some time tomorrow, everything will be back to normal.

I think you'll probably be fine, once the service center closes the work order.

Mistakes happen. This is a relatively minor one, with relatively minor negative ramifications for you. You are sure to have bigger issues than this at some point, so I wouldn't let this one bother you too much. I'm sure that by some time tomorrow, everything will be back to normal.
Thanks I agree, was hoping it was something I did, or could undo from my end.. No real issues created by this, it still autoparks. I just can't summon it, and like you said.. There are bound to be bigger issues out there.

All is well :)

Reactions: Andyw2100
mythical logs? Always a good idea to retain a friendly disposition with the people that can work on your brakes and prepare your food.
You do know that Tesla folks read this forum?
Of course, you see the tongue in cheek in my comment about sacrificing a goat.. there is no blame here, I was hoping it was something i forgot to do, or something i could do to help the process along. I have had the car for a week, so I am completely new, and was asking the question,.,. is there a trick to get it out of this mode?

oh, you didn't have a spare goat to give up? Shucks, I was looking forward to bbq mutton. Nope, to your question. First time we have seen this posted here or TM.
Thanks I searched before I posted too, I just feel silly, like its that one thing I should have tried. The 3 people on the phone all had me going down different paths, and then escalated me. I truly hope the request to take it out of service just got lost over the air, and tomorrow it will just work.. Bummed out that I can't show my wife the new app, but again, first world problems, none of this is the end of the world etc. Thanks for the replies I appreciate the effort.

All the best from Texas..

I had this too, but once I killed and relaunched the app it refreshed. I don't remember the old app version doing this at all. I could see where my car was parked and when it was charging last time it was in service.
Don't be surprised if you can't see your car when its in for service next time. Sometimes they forget, but most of the time the tech disable remote access and unplug the power going to any dashcam. (I don't object to it, its a minor thing.)

Reactions: RichardD
Just got mine back from service, and my rep gave me the answer to your problem: Try This... delete the app from your phone then download and reload it - enter user name and password when asked and everything will be back to normal

Last edited: