Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So.... I rejected my collection car today :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You did the right thing. More folk need to reject cars that aren't 100% instead of accepting and putting up with post-ownership fixes. It's the only way Tesla will get the mssg. There's a lot of nice cars aout for the money , albeit not fancy EV, range anxiety, have to take eyes off road to find the button on the screen, cars that don't phantom brake but can lane keep and TACC and probably cost less to insure. Even if they aren't as fast off the line that loses it's novelty after the first few weeks. Heck you might even get a decent 360 camera view and Android Auto et al or duct tape a 14" laptop to the dash or the full faux experience....

Reactions: Exy1 and JS77
So frustrating reading these stories, I know the paint isn't the best, but how is there such little care and attention taken when moving them before they get to customers? I know it's the minority of cars that are in such a bad way that they need to be rejected, but there are so many reports of minor paint defects on collection / delivery.

@JS77 is it maybe worth a visit to Richard Symons or Simon Jones to see what stock they have? Both know their Teslas very well and you would get one in better condition than you've been offered so far, appreciate it wouldn't be a new car then, but might be worth a look if you are still keen to get one.

• Informative
Reactions: JS77
Really sorry OP. I posted the other thread about my initial rejection. My second car had a few issues, but I'll be honest I was 50-50. My heart won this time and I took the car and booked a Service to get things resolved. I know that the whole process should have been a lot better from a company that promise so much. Yes, they are busy, but there is no excuse not to check the car thoroughly.

I think you did the right thing and walked away. If its not right for you then you have to stick to your guns.

Reactions: JS77