Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I waited in line for what exactly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong here... I configured a month ago, there are now people who reserved MONTHS after me, configured tonight, and they got a earlier delivery estimate? I was 4 weeks into a 12-16 week wait and now it doesn’t say anything at all...

For reference I have nothing where is should have some sort of estimate...

Attachments

• 56E954FF-4925-4FF1-BABA-31FA598578D3.jpeg
    56E954FF-4925-4FF1-BABA-31FA598578D3.jpeg
    289.6 KB · Views: 66
It's pretty simple here actually.

You are in front of the line for AWD. AWD is 2nd in line to PAWD.

My 2nd Model 3 reservation can't configure anything - not even the first production LR.

If you weren't a prior owner and reserved months after the line waiters like I did for my 2nd reservation, you don't even get a Model 3 this year it seems - not even the high margin PAWDs.

• Informative
Reactions: AnarchyEOD
It's pretty simple here actually.

You are in front of the line for AWD. AWD is 2nd in line to PAWD.

My 2nd Model 3 reservation can't configure anything - not even the first production LR.

If you weren't a prior owner and reserved months after the line waiters like I did for my 2nd reservation, you don't even get a Model 3 this year it seems - not even the high margin PAWDs.

I can now configure my model 3 reserved in April 2018 for all 3 configs (LR, AWD and P).. this is my second reservation. Click on Manage, you might be able to configure the second one as well

• Informative
Reactions: MXWing
For reference I have nothing where is should have some sort of estimate...

When you see that, it means your car is done. At least that's the case when I ordered the MX last year. It is in the hand of the DS. He/She needs to schedule in your delivery date. FYI, when I saw that, I didn't wait for DS to call.. I just call him and ask if he could give me an estimate of my delivery date. He replied something like how about next Tuesday?

We shall see...
In a similar boat as you (waited in line day one - ordered a P3D about a month ago). Just thought through this logic a bit.

The estimates are likely based on a rough approximation of the P3D/AWD orders they plan to receive - all being built in Q3 (first P3D just came off the line).

They just opened up orders to everyone - so the P3D orders for Q3 production are rolling on right now. Once those get locked in over the next few days they can determine when the first AWD get delivered, then LR models from there - cascading production capacity based on revenue.

With you having waited in line you would get one of the first AWD models - which should count for something for sure. Transport also becomes a factor as to when they build the car so they maximize what is delivered in the quarter.

Hoping we get more news in the next two weeks. The orders opening up today are likely holding off on delivery timeframes for the folks at the front of the line for now.

Side note, my theory on why the opened the flood gates tonight to folks that ordered even a few days ago: maximize P3D, AWD, and LR orders. I bet a very large amount of the 400k orders are waiting for standard, but now that early reservation holders have had a chance to get first delivery models they want to move as many folks into the LR model as possible in order to jump the line above SR.

I can now configure my model 3 reserved in April 2018 for all 3 configs (LR, AWD and P).. this is my second reservation. Click on Manage, you might be able to configure the second one as well

Ahh.. my 2nd config just came online right now. It didn't let me do it earlier.

However I am at 6-9 months for all options. LR, AWD and PAWD.

That likely pushes me out of full tax credit territory for ANY option. :(

My FIRST and certain Model 3 I wanted to get was 2-4 months versus 6-9 for #2.

Call the delivery location or their sales number?

Well, when I ordered the MX, the DS reached out to me weeks before, so I have all his contact info. I am not sure how you find out who is your DS when you order a M3. I guess you could call the delivery location and ask to speak to your DS. I don't remember exactly but I think at my location they assign DS based on customer's last names or something.

Reactions: AnarchyEOD