Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I want a C8 Corvette

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla Model 3 SR+ is awesome. I absolutely love the car. It’s so cost-effective on long trips. Virtually maintence free and I would not hesitate to put a ton of miles on it. On hot Summer days I love the unlimited air conditioning while I cool off and use it as a “mobile office.” Of course, being all-electric is awesome. Full energy every morning. Free electric in my rented garage, and I never have to pump gas.

As a lifelong motorhead, including owning a C7 Corvette, I do not miss ICE cars one bit... until now. My neighbor just purchased a gorgeous C8 Corvette that looks pretty much like the photos below, and I have the pleasant anxiety of looking at it EVERY DAY!

I can’t afford both cars right now, and I’m not willing to give up my Model 3.

09831E91-F4FE-473E-BF53-460ABE874B0E.jpeg

BBEA7905-8AE8-4475-AB44-8A05278899AA.jpeg

Last edited:
My Tesla Model 3 SR+ is awesome. I absolutely love the car. It’s so cost-effective on long trips. Virtually maintence free and I would not hesitate to put a ton of miles on it. On hot Summer days I love the unlimited air conditioning while I cool off and use it as a “mobile office.” Of course, being all-electric is awesome. Full energy every morning. Free electric in my rented garage, and I never have to pump gas.

As a lifelong motorhead, including owning a C7 Corvette, I do not miss ICE cars one bit... until now. My neighbor just purchased a gorgeous C8 Corvette that looks pretty much like the photos below, and I have the pleasant anxiety of looking at it EVERY DAY!

I can’t afford both cars right now, and I’m not willing to give up my Model 3.

View attachment 638218

View attachment 638219
It looks good but it's still an ICE. My unhelpful suggestion is to buy a model C8 and put it on your desk or on something in the den. And save up for an S.

You know, pics don't do the C8 justice. Seeing them on the road they really look incredible. Like you I can only have one or the other. I pretty much have had a Corvette since 1997, last being a C7Z06. But... The S and Tesla has my heart now. I hope in a few years to be able to purchase a used new Roadster (LOL does that make sense?). Maybe an electric Corvette will sway me back one day but IMHO GM has a loooong way to go to match Tesla on many levels.

Reactions: designrs
Ask your neighbor if he’ll let you put gas in it for him once a week so that you can experience the wonderful world of ICE.

Yeah, I hate the idea of pumping gas... even if it were free!

Current gas prices in my area (Jacksonville, FL) would be $60 per fill-up with premium. With low-milage use, I’d be looking at just under $100 per month for gas... which I would have to consider an “entertainment expense” for the thrill rides.

* Not to mention the strong possibility of increasing gas prices.

(Under the same low-milage use, my Model 3 only uses only about $20 a month in energy... BUT I get my electric for FREE in my rented garage... or at the FREE Level-2 charging stations in my apartment community.)