Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I went to convert my Model X order to a Model S..but then

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To each their own, but we've got both and I definitely prefer my S over the X when driving alone or as a couple. When we've got the kids and their friends the X gets the nod. Cabin spaciousness and the fact that we can have forward-facing kids in the third row is a plus. But if we have 7 people, we still have to take the S...

What do you like better about the Model S? Handling?

My father recently ordered a Model S. Since it's just the two of them, no clear need for the extra capacity of the X. But I'd personally love to see them offer the S with a panoramic windshield.

Reactions: madodel
What do you like better about the Model S? Handling?
Handling, yes. The feel of the car is, as expected, more spry. It belies the weight of the vehicle. I don't think the X does that quite as well, but I don't think would be a reasonable expectation anyway.

I also like being lower on the road. I like being able to throw things in the back seat without opening cumbersome doors or attracting attention. I like that it's faster, more energy efficient, and has a longer range. Here north of the Bay Area, a Model S is like any other car - they're everywhere. So I like the relative anonymity. I like being able to run my AC without scaring people with the jet-fan. Also, being that it's our "older" car, I like that I can throw things in the back without worrying too much about putting in a cargo liner, etc. I throw a moving blanket down in the S and I can load just about anything in it.

I think the best way to say it is that it just suits my personality better. I do look forward to the road trips in the X. And my S doesn't have AP, which I miss when I'm on the highway. Plus, I miss the windshield. They're good complements to each other, and mostly I'm glad the X is wohmman's car.

• Funny
Reactions: madodel and Vitold
You're making the right decision. Had our X now for nearly 2 weeks. Have not had a single problem. I think most of the manufacturing problems have been resolved by Tesla. We've made several trips with the X...it is definitely more comfortable for family trips. For riding, I much prefer it. When driving...my P85DL can't be beat. Unless you're in a P90DL.