Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

** So If I Buy New, Finance, Then Sell in 3 Years.. How Much Financial Loss?? **

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok.. I'll start off by admitting, I failed Algebra.. Math isn't my strong suit.. So I'm asking your help in the following..

If I buy a $95,000 Tesla P85. Put the 10% down.. Then finance the rest over 72 Months.. (excellent credit) Then trade it in with say 45k miles in 3 years. With the buy back guarantee, what would you say, after my payments are made in the 3 years time:

A) What my car's estimated value would be?
B) What my estimated loan balance would be?

Clearly I'm trying to figure out how upside down I would be after 3 years of ownership on a financed Tesla.

Again, I apologize for my mathematical ignorance, and if this is too vague of a question based on many possible factors.. Just trying to get a rough estimate..

Thx!

Well that's promising then.. I think they give 50% on base of car though, and a reduced rate (I've heard 42-48%? of upgrades) and the P85 is considered a $10k upgrade? I know I'm not rattling off firm data.. Looks like my build price is actually $90k.. Not sure how much those points factor in..

My understanding is that the terms of the loan/buyback program pretty much guarantee that your not underwater at the time you can have the car purchased back at the guaranteed price.

They will require down payment adequate to ensure that is the case.