TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

So im obsessed

Discussion in 'Model S' started by dnice, Jun 15, 2016.

1. dnice

dnice Member

I thought I could handle it but I keep the MyTesla page open on my computer, and I refresh it constantly, as I have seen from others here. My general question is, after confirmation when do you generally see movement on your car? I confirmed last Friday, late in the day so I know nothing would happen Monday. Frankly the sane one in me knows nothing will probably happen this week, but I keep checking.

For those who have gone through this, after confirmation when did you really see movement?

2. Dan1

Dan1 Member

I've been waiting since 6/3/16 (confirmed) and received my VIN the same day. However no movement for production yet. Not to worry..Tesla is constructing 2,000 vehicles a week now which should reduce the time for all of us waiting. The best I can tell is 3-4 weeks before production, then 2 weeks before production and delivery. Now you have to add the 4th of July into the mix that may add another week. Good luck!

3. dnice

dnice Member

Thats exactly what i was afraid of the 4th !!! my Bday is on the 2nd so shooting for good vibes. Does your order say Late June - July? 2000 per week is great. I saw a video on their production, truly amazing. Where does your car come from, i see your in FL

4. woodturnerdude

I waited a total of two months for my car from end of June 2015 to end of August 2015. It was possibly the worst 2 months of my life. You will LOVE your new car. Obsession is an accurate term. Hang in there, it will be better "soon".

5. K_style

K_style Member

Here it goes,

"Hi, my name is Peter and I am an addict."

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 2
  6. tstafford

tstafford Member

I was waiting during the same period. It was very hard. Many mytesla refreshes, debating whether to e-mail the DS for status, etc.

So happy I got a Tesla. For those who are waiting now - it's worth it. You'll love the car, I promise.

• Like x 3
  7. dnice

dnice Member

For the group, in recent months has anyone see their orders delivery ETA change for the worse ? I can live with Late June - July but after that .... xanex anyone ?

8. msnow

msnow Active Member

Got mine last September and they said allow 8 weeks. 5 weeks later my car was at the SvC getting prepped. It will probably be earlier than you think and you WILL lose sleep and will likely go crazy.

9. Dan1

Dan1 Member

What an awesome Birthday Gift! At time when I was choosing my options and placing my deposit on the website, the website stated June. Later that day when I received my VIN# the website (My Tesla) changed to July-Early August. Orlando is my Service Center. Palm Bay is kinda in a dead zone for Tesla Service Center and Chargers.

10. jlutzwpi

jlutzwpi Member

I'm in the same boat. Confirmed June 11, My Tesla says late June - July for delivery. Boston area. Checking My Tesla about 10 times a day!

11. yo mama

yo mama Member

Agreed. My suggestion is to find yourself a Tesla buddy during this oh-so trying time. I picked tstafford, as we we're both faced with the disappointment of *just* missing out being able to change our P85D orders to P90Ds, and then we were both faced with the dilemma of whether not to "retro-ludicrous" our leased vehicles. Being able to commiserate with someone similarly situated certainly helped.

Another approach would be to find a Tesla buddy near you who already has a Tesla so that they can pick you and take you for rides when you're going out of your mind with watching the clock, so to speak.

12. RogerHScott

RogerHScott Active Member

The trick seems to be to put your order in toward the end of the 2nd month of the quarter so that you can get caught up in
    Tesla's big push to make their quarterly numbers. I got my car in what seemed to be near-record time (for my location) earlier
    this year. They put it on a truck rather than the usual train and cut nearly a week off the delivery time. I was so bummed, as you can imagine! ;)

13. avmike

avmike Member

I confirmed on 5/28, and got an email saying my car started in production on 6/14. FWIW refreshing the site does no good. Status did not change since I received the email on the 14th.

14. rog

rog Member

Here is what helped me before and during the wait. Lots of 3D designing, printing, soldering for illumination, going to Walmart et al to find Hotwheel/Matchobx models (have a box full of roughly 40 unopened Model S cars in different colors). And you thought YOU were obsessed... :D

20151031_150708.jpg

20160222_165122.jpg

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  15. dnice

dnice Member

May so. Has his radioflyer on order. I'll live through him

16. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

OMG! I love that metal and glass box! Got any more? Seriously.

17. msnow

msnow Active Member

@rog has the contact info to order them as well as the scaled Tesla Supercharger.

18. SSD420

SSD420 Member

You will never see movement on your MyTesla. I've learned this the hard way. Email your DS and ask for updates. That's the only way you'll get any sort of update. Or call your local SC and ask them questions. Take a few test drives while you wait it out.

Good luck OP!

P.S.

I used to refresh MyTesla 3-5 times per day. I have learned to curb my enthusiasm by posted and browsing the TMC forums! I only "bug" my DS every 7-10 days as of late. :p

19. Cstreet

Cstreet Member

I'm in the same boat in terms of timing and like you this was my birthday present to myself. My birthday is the 3rd of July (40th) mine says Late June - July too. Waiting patiently! I got my NEMA 14-50 installed yesterday just need the car :).

• Like x 1
  20. Rhyder

Rhyder Pan fried in a tasty batter

Been confirmed for 5 weeks and have languished in the "production queue" since. I've watched deliveries of VINs 2000 past mine, so I'm eagerly awaiting some progress!