Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So im obsessed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I could handle it but I keep the MyTesla page open on my computer, and I refresh it constantly, as I have seen from others here. My general question is, after confirmation when do you generally see movement on your car? I confirmed last Friday, late in the day so I know nothing would happen Monday. Frankly the sane one in me knows nothing will probably happen this week, but I keep checking.

For those who have gone through this, after confirmation when did you really see movement?

I've been waiting since 6/3/16 (confirmed) and received my VIN the same day. However no movement for production yet. Not to worry..Tesla is constructing 2,000 vehicles a week now which should reduce the time for all of us waiting. The best I can tell is 3-4 weeks before production, then 2 weeks before production and delivery. Now you have to add the 4th of July into the mix that may add another week. Good luck!

Thats exactly what i was afraid of the 4th !!! my Bday is on the 2nd so shooting for good vibes. Does your order say Late June - July? 2000 per week is great. I saw a video on their production, truly amazing. Where does your car come from, i see your in FL

I waited a total of two months for my car from end of June 2015 to end of August 2015. It was possibly the worst 2 months of my life. You will LOVE your new car. Obsession is an accurate term. Hang in there, it will be better "soon".

I was waiting during the same period. It was very hard. Many mytesla refreshes, debating whether to e-mail the DS for status, etc.

So happy I got a Tesla. For those who are waiting now - it's worth it. You'll love the car, I promise.

Thats exactly what i was afraid of the 4th !!! my Bday is on the 2nd so shooting for good vibes. Does your order say Late June - July? 2000 per week is great. I saw a video on their production, truly amazing. Where does your car come from, i see your in FL

What an awesome Birthday Gift! At time when I was choosing my options and placing my deposit on the website, the website stated June. Later that day when I received my VIN# the website (My Tesla) changed to July-Early August. Orlando is my Service Center. Palm Bay is kinda in a dead zone for Tesla Service Center and Chargers.

I was waiting during the same period. It was very hard. Many mytesla refreshes, debating whether to e-mail the DS for status, etc.

So happy I got a Tesla. For those who are waiting now - it's worth it. You'll love the car, I promise.
Agreed. My suggestion is to find yourself a Tesla buddy during this oh-so trying time. I picked tstafford, as we we're both faced with the disappointment of *just* missing out being able to change our P85D orders to P90Ds, and then we were both faced with the dilemma of whether not to "retro-ludicrous" our leased vehicles. Being able to commiserate with someone similarly situated certainly helped.

Another approach would be to find a Tesla buddy near you who already has a Tesla so that they can pick you and take you for rides when you're going out of your mind with watching the clock, so to speak.

The trick seems to be to put your order in toward the end of the 2nd month of the quarter so that you can get caught up in
Tesla's big push to make their quarterly numbers. I got my car in what seemed to be near-record time (for my location) earlier
this year. They put it on a truck rather than the usual train and cut nearly a week off the delivery time. I was so bummed, as you can imagine! ;)

Here is what helped me before and during the wait. Lots of 3D designing, printing, soldering for illumination, going to Walmart et al to find Hotwheel/Matchobx models (have a box full of roughly 40 unopened Model S cars in different colors). And you thought YOU were obsessed... :D

20151031_150708.jpg

20160222_165122.jpg

Here is what helped me before and during the wait. Lots of 3D designing, printing, soldering for illumination, going to Walmart et al to find Hotwheel/Matchobx models (have a box full of roughly 40 unopened Model S cars in different colors). And you thought YOU were obsessed... :D

View attachment 181029

View attachment 181028
OMG! I love that metal and glass box! Got any more? Seriously.

I thought I could handle it but I keep the MyTesla page open on my computer, and I refresh it constantly, as I have seen from others here. My general question is, after confirmation when do you generally see movement on your car? I confirmed last Friday, late in the day so I know nothing would happen Monday. Frankly the sane one in me knows nothing will probably happen this week, but I keep checking.

For those who have gone through this, after confirmation when did you really see movement?
You will never see movement on your MyTesla. I've learned this the hard way. Email your DS and ask for updates. That's the only way you'll get any sort of update. Or call your local SC and ask them questions. Take a few test drives while you wait it out.

Good luck OP!

P.S.

I used to refresh MyTesla 3-5 times per day. I have learned to curb my enthusiasm by posted and browsing the TMC forums! I only "bug" my DS every 7-10 days as of late. :p