TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

So It Begins...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Bpressley93, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Bpressley93

Bpressley93 Member

Hello everyone,

Today I placed my deposit for my Model S. This has been almost a year in the making. I'm beyond estatic with my decision and look forward to the long process until it's in my garage. I'm looking for any tips and advice. I will also share my progress in hope to help others. Thank you!

• Like x 9
  2. RogerHScott

RogerHScott Active Member

There are many, many threads for just your situation (all variants on the theme of "convince me that I've made the right decision").
    If you were looking for any sort of balanced, objective advice, you've come to the wrong place ;)

• Funny x 1
  3. Bpressley93

Bpressley93 Member

I am well aware of the many threads. However, I wanted to create a thread for my own progress and any questions that may arise. Your comment certainly feels negative and it's unwarranted. I'm just enthusiastic about this process and have a right to post whatever. Even if there are thousands of other similar post.

• Dislike x 5
  4. jlund

jlund Member

Congrats! Sounds like that S is going to a good home :)

• Like x 1
  5. Bpressley93

Bpressley93 Member

You better believe it!

6. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Congratulations! And...............now we wait :) I am maybe a month out for delivery and obsessed to the point my wife has called me a broken record. She's tired of hearing it, so I have this forum to listen to my rabblings :) Or just ignore me whatever. Good luck. Financing? I applied with Alliant a little too soon (30 day limit) but at least I know the loan has been approved. Kill some time by getting the garage ready, watch ALL the youtube videos and this forum. My DS told me to stop by the store for some swag. I may do that Monday :)

7. Bpressley93

Bpressley93 Member

Oh my! You and I are in the same boat. It's already day one and I'm obsessing. It's just terrible. Honestly, a few months ago we were unsure if we'd get approved for financing, so we tested the waters. We were approved with TD Bank for 3.49%. We are putting down a huge deposit, so we will apply in a few weeks. When did you put down your deposit? How long has it taken?

8. DrManhattan

DrManhattan Member

A year? That's it? I salivated for 3 years before I could finally pull the trigger.

• Like x 1
  9. Bpressley93

Bpressley93 Member

I don't know how you did that. I would've went crazy.

• Funny x 1
  10. RogerHScott

Jeeeezzz... chill out!
    I was merely pointing out that there's lots of information you might find very useful and interesting just waiting for you to find it here.
    And you apparently are unfamiliar with the meaning of ;), which is going to cause you no end of grief reading these boards.

• Like x 3
  11. Bpressley93

Bpressley93 Member

I apologize. I misunderstood your message. You are right, I took it out of context. My bad man.

• Like x 1
  12. RogerHScott

Welcome to our seriously sick world here in Tesla-land. Prepare to abandon all other thoughts. We're totally obsessed with minute
    details here, so tell us all about exactly what you ordered.

I assume you took a test drive. Is that what pushed you over the edge? :)

13. Bpressley93

Bpressley93 Member

I am buying a Deep blue metallic 60D with carbon fiber trim and grey next gen seats. Which looks fantastic I think! The options I'm getting are Autopilot, premium upgrades package, smart air suspension, weather package, and ultra high fidelity sound. I fell in love with the Model S right away. I test drive the 17 E Class, 17 Audi A4 etc and nothing compared. This is the car I've been waiting for. I'm so glad mine is one of the redesigned ones. The old one is great, but the redesign is beyond amazing!

• Like x 1
  14. RogerHScott

No accounting for taste, I guess ;) [see signature]
    The new 60D seems like a nice choice. How seriously were you considering a Tesla before that was announced?

• Funny x 1
  15. pedriscoll

pedriscoll True Blue Tesla Fan

Unfortunately the waiting time will seem interminable. Try to waste some of it here with us. You have made an awesome choice. The 5 weeks from my order to delivery last year were the longest of my life, but did pass and my Tesla smile is still firmly implanted on my face every time I sit behind the wheel. Welcome to the family!!

16. Bpressley93

Bpressley93 Member

Ehhh I kinda went back and forth. I really like the car either way, but this is my first time buying a car of this price and it's a lot to consider. I decided to take my time and do a lot of research. I've probably test drove 40-50 vehicles. I just wanted to make a sound decision. I like the 60D. I can always upgrade to a 75D later. My rationale was get a loaded 60D now and save up and pay for the upgrade :p

• Like x 1
  17. Bpressley93

Bpressley93 Member

That must've been the longest 5 weeks ever! I can only hope it'll show up in my garage tomorrow. That's an option right

18. RogerHScott

I think that's true for many. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of Tesla owners paid at least twice as much for their Tesla
    as they ever paid for any other car. Funny, though, once you drive one your thinking instantly shifts from "why would you buy one"
    to "why wouldn't you buy one" :D

19. hybridbear

hybridbear Member

My 60D will be about twice as much as the MSRP of any other car I've ever had, and closer to 2.5 times what I've paid for any other car before. I am also anxiously awaiting delivery...

20. BigAirHarper

BigAirHarper Member

Same here. Had to wait 3 years before I could afford it! House had to be first. Not good going on a test drive your final year in dental school ;)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1