Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So it turns out my new Model 3 is marginally wider than my old car [more kerbed wheels]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m worried about getting on my driveway. The kerb is dropped but part of it hasn’t been so I have to come onto the drive at a certain angle. With a hedge in the way that’s not very easy. Anyone know what the ride height is on the standard M3 so I can compare it to my current car and see if I will clear the kerb ok or not? Thanks.

ha ha Snap, same day I picked mine up I had to swerve to avoid someone coming round a corner over the white line and although there was plenty of space for me to move over I clipped the curb with the back left. Only the aero wheels so not fussed.
On the subject of height, it's the wheelbase that was my issue not the ride height. As it's quite long, it beached itself on the lip of the pavement as my drive sloped down steeply. So couldn't get it on the drive.

I’m worried about getting on my driveway. The kerb is dropped but part of it hasn’t been so I have to come onto the drive at a certain angle. With a hedge in the way that’s not very easy. Anyone know what the ride height is on the standard M3 so I can compare it to my current car and see if I will clear the kerb ok or not? Thanks.
Don't be, I do this every single day, no issue.

Reactions: Tigermad
Yep IIRC I kerbed mine on two opposing corners on day 1 - was seriously kicking myself, by the end of the first month all 4 have had some sign of kerbing, I've only ever kerbed a wheel once before and that was to avoid a prat overtaking and coming towards me on a road which wasn't three cars wide! I think the rims do stick out a little more than standard wheels i've just learned to deal with it and sort out an alloy repair when it's about 4 weeks to the end of the lease! Then it'll stay on the drive and go nowhere!!!

I think we should get a members club together with a membership pin badge round looking like an aero wheel with the top bit all scratched out, we could be called the 1st day kerb club

Worse for me. I got my podpoint installed thinking the car would be able to get into my driveway sideways. But it can't - it's wider and has a worse turning circle compared to my BMW. That means i have to block my front door to charge my car - the wire is too short to reach!

Worse for me. I got my podpoint installed thinking the car would be able to get into my driveway sideways. But it can't - it's wider and has a worse turning circle compared to my BMW. That means i have to block my front door to charge my car - the wire is too short to reach!
It’s an expense, but you can replace the cable with a be longer one. At least you’ll be able to escape the house, if required!

It’s an expense, but you can replace the cable with a be longer one. At least you’ll be able to escape the house, if required!

Thanks. I actually contacted Tesla to ask if I could swap the 4m (?) Wire I got with a longer one. They said yes, but when I got to the service station, they said no! At least I got to use a super charger for the first time while there.

I'll see if Glan still has one for sale, or if anyone wants to swap.

I believe it's 140mm, or 5.5 inches in pre-science units.

• Funny
Reactions: DenkiJidousha