Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So just how much CAN a Model S hold?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
We seem unable to avoid copying our Alaskan lifestyle to our new wintertime AZ location. So we drove to "town" (ie, into the Valley of the Sunstroke) the other day, in order to get New House Supplies.

First 2 shots - the frunk and what was in it. As you see, I needed some goodies for the F-350 !

#3: all that had been in the main body - plus my m-in-law... (and wife almost obscured behind the car)

#4: what had been in the "wheel well" aka rear under-trunk

#5: the whole shooting match. I am VERY impressed! This would have been a good-sized load even for the pickup truck.

Attachments

• DSC_6971_2447.jpg
    DSC_6971_2447.jpg
    876.9 KB · Views: 942
  • DSC_6972_2448.jpg
    DSC_6972_2448.jpg
    833.4 KB · Views: 881
  • DSC_6973_2449.jpg
    DSC_6973_2449.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 966
  • DSC_6974_2450.jpg
    DSC_6974_2450.jpg
    873.2 KB · Views: 887
  • DSC_6975_2451.jpg
    DSC_6975_2451.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 899
Last edited:
That laminate is heavy stuff for sure. How did you span the "wheel well" (and what do others call it)?

By the way, did anyone notice the FIVE brooms and mops in there?

Here is a pic of the main body fully loaded:
DSC_6970_2446.jpg

Awesome!

I love packing cars full. We've had a series of Civic coupes because, "hey, they're cheap!", and recently drove a week-long cross-country trip in an Evo, which has a trunk which can comfortably hold approximately a small set of golf clubs. Our families are always dumbfounded how much stuff we can make fit. I'm simultaneously excited to have so much more room to spread out, but disappointed that the chances to really pack things in will be reduced. Perhaps the arrival of children will help.

If anyone in the bay area needs help cramming a lot of stuff in their S, let me know :biggrin:

That laminate is crazy. Do we know what the GVWR on the S is? You probably could have gotten it all, but better to play it safe.

I fit an 8 foot A-Frame ladder in my car the other day, plus some 8 foot lumber. The lumber fit easily (straight down the middle), but the ladder was a little tricky due to its width. Had to send the ladder feet first in between the front seats, and the feet just barely cleared the ceiling. Made me laugh I could fit the ladder. Super impressed with all the room in this car!

How about this pic - it is the front bumper cover in one package and the front support assembly (holds the 2 condensers) in the other, for a Tesla.
Trunk closes just fine, only little bit sticks out the front passenger window :)

IMG_5701.JPG