TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

So just how much CAN a Model S hold?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by AudubonB, Oct 31, 2013.

1. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

#1 AudubonB, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    We seem unable to avoid copying our Alaskan lifestyle to our new wintertime AZ location. So we drove to "town" (ie, into the Valley of the Sunstroke) the other day, in order to get New House Supplies.

First 2 shots - the frunk and what was in it. As you see, I needed some goodies for the F-350 !

#3: all that had been in the main body - plus my m-in-law... (and wife almost obscured behind the car)

#4: what had been in the "wheel well" aka rear under-trunk

#5: the whole shooting match. I am VERY impressed! This would have been a good-sized load even for the pickup truck.

Attached Files:

2. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

WOW!
    That's a lot of stuff!

3. Zextraterrestrial

Excellent Costco car for sure!

4. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

No pictures with it all loaded up? I want to see that thing piled high!

Nice packing, though, that's a lot of stuff you fit in there.

5. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

How about 900lbs of laminate? And we had a lot or room to spare! But I was concerned about the weight of all 1800lbs and just did two trips. But we didn't even need to use the frunk!

tesla laminate.PNG

6. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

That laminate is heavy stuff for sure. How did you span the "wheel well" (and what do others call it)?

By the way, did anyone notice the FIVE brooms and mops in there?

Here is a pic of the main body fully loaded:
    DSC_6970_2446.jpg

7. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

With air suspension it didn't look as though it was lower than normal.

8. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Awesome!

I love packing cars full. We've had a series of Civic coupes because, "hey, they're cheap!", and recently drove a week-long cross-country trip in an Evo, which has a trunk which can comfortably hold approximately a small set of golf clubs. Our families are always dumbfounded how much stuff we can make fit. I'm simultaneously excited to have so much more room to spread out, but disappointed that the chances to really pack things in will be reduced. Perhaps the arrival of children will help.

If anyone in the bay area needs help cramming a lot of stuff in their S, let me know :biggrin:

That laminate is crazy. Do we know what the GVWR on the S is? You probably could have gotten it all, but better to play it safe.

9. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

I fit an 8 foot A-Frame ladder in my car the other day, plus some 8 foot lumber. The lumber fit easily (straight down the middle), but the ladder was a little tricky due to its width. Had to send the ladder feet first in between the front seats, and the feet just barely cleared the ceiling. Made me laugh I could fit the ladder. Super impressed with all the room in this car!

10. Jason

Jason Member

How about this pic - it is the front bumper cover in one package and the front support assembly (holds the 2 condensers) in the other, for a Tesla.
    Trunk closes just fine, only little bit sticks out the front passenger window :)

IMG_5701.JPG

11. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Those assemblies are huge, Jason.

The very next thing I noticed in your picture is that you have two blue Model Ss. Like the car and the color, I guess? :biggrin: Do you get them mixed up ever?

12. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

An 8 foot board between the seats is very close to the 17" screen. Don't brake too hard! :scared:

13. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

And now we just need someone hauling a mattress on the roof. :wink: