Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So, Just hung up from an unexpected and very interesting phone call from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bet they call...
I also want to upgrade to the premium package since I like the actuated electronic front doors on the Model X. When I emailed back in January they told me it would be electronic regardless of the premium package but now I am told it is not electronic and the doors will simply pop open unless I purchase the premium package.

I will await a call, hopefully I won't ignore it as I get lots of calls from telemarketers.

What way is that? You already told us:

So we know you can get one presented to you, at your home, to pile your entire family, and everything you have at home that you may take with you on a trip. Then you can even drive it around. I don't get it. How could Tesla do anything more for you? Unless you want to keep the car overnight before deciding?

Or perhaps you are not all that serious, which is fine too, but just don't make up excuses.

My thoughts exactly. Tesla haters (shorts) are getting creative in forums.

What way is that? You already told us:

So we know you can get one presented to you, at your home, to pile your entire family, and everything you have at home that you may take with you on a trip. Then you can even drive it around. I don't get it. How could Tesla do anything more for you? Unless you want to keep the car overnight before deciding?

Or perhaps you are not all that serious, which is fine too, but just don't make up excuses.

He said "if", so, no, you don't "know" anything. And you can call me skeptical all you like but I want to see one in the showroom. Call me old school, call me stupid- don't care. And I'm not making up excuses for you brother, and I put my 5K down just like everyone else, so... there. Not serious? Please.

Lastly, AGAIN, I'm not saying Tesla is doing anything wrong, in fact, I think it's great they called me, however, it is illuminating that a lot of people are holding off committing on their order under they get into the car under the conditions they want. That's a fact, obviously: a lot of people are waiting to commit and hit the order button. As for me, I want a showroom experience, I guess. I like to sit in the car and take my time as I'm figuring out what I want. I'm old school. Shoot me.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you a Sig res? Sorry if I missed it, could not figure out.

NO, regular production.

- - - Updated - - -

My thoughts exactly. Tesla haters (shorts) are getting creative in forums.

My god, some of you are crazy here. Worse than the Audi forums and I didn't think that was possible.

I'm long tesla stock and a lot of it. So... now what else would you like to allege that isn't true? Guys we're on the same team here. Let's try to remember that. Maybe all the divisive presidential politics is bleeding into forum decorum.

Last edited:
He said "if", so, no, you don't "know" anything. And you can call me skeptical all you like but I want to see one in the showroom. Call me old school, call me stupid- don't care. And I'm not making up excuses for you brother, and I put my 5K down just like everyone else, so... there. Not serious? Please.

Lastly, AGAIN, I'm not saying Tesla is doing anything wrong, in fact, I think it's great they called me, however, it is illuminating that a lot of people are holding off committing on their order under they get into the car under the conditions they want. That's a fact, obviously: a lot of people are waiting to commit and hit the order button. As for me, I want a showroom experience, I guess. I like to sit in the car and take my time as I'm figuring out what I want. I'm old school. Shoot me.

- - - Updated - - -

NO, regular production.

- - - Updated - - -

My god, some of you are crazy here. Worse than the Audi forums and I didn't think that was possible.

I'm long tesla stock and a lot of it. So... now what else would you like to allege that isn't true? Guys we're on the same team here. Let's try to remember that. Maybe all the divisive presidential politics is bleeding into forum decorum.

Sorry you're being hazed like this - we do have a lot of shorts coming through with crazy stories, trolling the forums, trying to get rumors started.

Count me as one of the folks who believes you. And hopefully you'll stick around to see our better side down the road. Lots of emotions running high right now due to stock price, X deliveries, etc. We're really a good bunch most of the time :).

I will wait for a call first, as they may not waive it if I show interest in upgrading and call. I initially ordered a almost loaded 90D but before confirming I dropped to a 70D without the premium package (still got autopilot, tan seats, 6 seater) I plan on using the savings for the Model 3
Call them if you really want it sooner. They may have a long queue of people to call in a very short amount of time in order to do a Q1 delivery. But based on VIN Assignments in other threads, I'm betting that they will only build cars that have the PUP (Premium Upgrades Package) in Q1. Some 90D orderers have gotten VIN Assignments ahead of some P90D orderers who did not order the PUP. My guess is that they haven't built the non-ventilated seats yet but have enough of the ventilated seats to build 90D with the PUP.

Edit: looks like some non-PUP 90Ds are getting VINs now too. So I'm guessing the ramp is actually starting to happen and you may be able to get yours in Q1 with or without PUP with an immediate confirmation of a 90D with delivery at or near the factory. But also, I'm guessing there are still a *lot* of people on the fence and there were probably a fair number of cancellations too.

I don't think a 70D Model X will see the light of day, but my theory is that it will be a 75D by the time it makes it into production (at no additional cost for those who have already confirmed their orders). But that's (mostly) speculation.

- - - Updated - - -

I also want to upgrade to the premium package since I like the actuated electronic front doors on the Model X. When I emailed back in January they told me it would be electronic regardless of the premium package but now I am told it is not electronic and the doors will simply pop open unless I purchase the premium package.

I will await a call, hopefully I won't ignore it as I get lots of calls from telemarketers.
Yeah, I've missed a few Tesla calls too, and they don't always leave a message. Now whenever I see a California area code, I pick up the phone. Which means telemarketers in California should really start calling me again. :)

If you change to the 90D with PUP, I'm betting you will have your car very soon...

Last edited:

Hang in there trigoe, not everyone is crazy here. Some of us are with you. However, you haven't even met the whole crazy family yet. Like uncle Carl Rove and Cousin Bob Ankit

The difference is free late and cookies plus a person who pretends to care who has a family to feed...that's all I can think of.

Thanks for reminding me - I need to take the Tesla in for inspection. Last year's was at the Lexus Stealership and the bribes included free breakfast tacos (something they did on Saturday), and the espresso bar.
Need to see if they are still doing that or if another Stealership has a sweeter bribe deal going.
Thanks also to the Austin Tesla owner who taught me the trick. "$25 latte, with a free State Inspection" :biggrin:

Okay, where's the gun? Let's get this over with... ;)

(Actually, I'm very sorry to have offended you... your replies make some sense -- not sure on the whole showroom thing though. And calling us worse than the Audi forum, ouch, that's a low blow!)

let me see if I get this right.. checking it in a show room is somehow better than checking it in your driveway and perhaps taking it out for an extended spin? I don't get it..

you don't have to get it because I'm not trying to give it to you. You buy your car your way and I'll buy mine my way. There's nothing to "get". The fact you feel compelled to judge anothers preference says volumes.

Its a 100k+ car. I'll do it how I please- you do do it how YOU please, and I wish everyone on here luck and a positive nonjudgmental experience moving forward.

Okay, where's the gun? Let's get this over with... ;)

(Actually, I'm very sorry to have offended you... your replies make some sense -- not sure on the whole showroom thing though. And calling us worse than the Audi forum, ouch, that's a low blow!)

apology accepted. Let move on. Sorry about the Audi comment but was getting flashbacks. And that board lost a lot of quality smart people because of "dicky young middle manager corner cubicle dudes with just enough money to play but with zero class to stay". Would hate to see that happen here.