Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Like it has been a month, and how many new Model 3s are out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100 or 50 in August is not important at all. 0 may be. It's all up to that one man, Elon. If it is good (> 100), he will tweet. Following are more important:
- Next month's 1500.
- Online configurator opening to non-employees.
- Detailed specs and release of the car to car magazine journalists. Then you know the car is complete.

No. But really, this is the most anticipated car of the company ever. Why would any of the 30 employees (plausibly 130 by this time), who are undoubtly very proud of the product, not be more active on social media beyond the very few highly curated videos and pic's we've seen? The only logical reason I see is that they've been asked not to do so. If you have another explanation I am ready to hear it!
Yes, NDAs, as I said long time ago :)
I can also think that the car isn't ready! Or it is actually not delivered to anyone after the initial 30!
The interior may not be complete yet. Why else will Tesla rush and hush up the 30 car delivery event? All we saw was 30 cars charging from some distance. Come on, even hand built 6 car Model X delivery had more exposure to the interior, Elon sitting in it and demonstrating it on stage.

100 or 50 in August is not important at all. 0 may be. It's all up to that one man, Elon. If it is good (> 100), he will tweet. Following are more important:
- Next month's 1500.
- Online configurator opening to non-employees.
- Detailed specs and release of the car to car magazine journalists. Then you know the car is complete.

Yes, NDAs, as I said long time ago :)
I can also think that the car isn't ready! Or it is actually not delivered to anyone after the initial 30!
The interior may not be complete yet. Why else will Tesla rush and hush up the 30 car delivery event? All we saw was 30 cars charging from some distance. Come on, even hand built 6 car Model X delivery had more exposure to the interior, Elon sitting in it and demonstrating it on stage.

You apparently are not aware of the hundreds of Youtube videos out of people getting test rides at that event by Tesla employees in the new cars and poking and pawing at every aspect of the interior.

• Funny
Reactions: PaulJB and vigge50
Are you serious? I'm asking how many cars have been made? and you equate that to "I can't wait"?

You asked how long you needed to wait for patience. It's been said (ad nauseum) that we probably won't see anything else until October. So there is your answer.

It doesn't sound like you can wait though. If Elon came out and said they only built 50 cars this month instead of 100, what exactly is your action based on that? Or 200?

If you can't think of any new information that would actually prompt new action from you, then maybe it isn't necessary?

Reactions: Runt8 and MogWV
What CEO do you know of tweets and such....

I know one more I wish I didn't....:(

Meanwhile, patience.....all things come to he who waits.

Patience.PNG

I don't understand where this is even coming from. Have Tesla failed in some major way with a commitment they've made? Are you irked by your $1,000 deposit languishing interest free in Tesla's clutches for a couple of years?

When I read your posts it appears you feel you are entitled to additional insight into where Tesla is in the manufacturing process that you are actually not entitled to and that could (almost certainly) be viewed as competitive information by Tesla.
No,

Everyone has a questioning timeline. This is mine.

If we were here at the same point 500 days from now and you still didn't have your car....you wouldn't probably ask the same questions. How many days would it take for you to ask a question? Whats your bogie?

Other explanations:

1. Many people simply aren't very active on social media.
2. Even people who are active on social media may not care for the public attention that would result from posting about the Model 3.
3. People tend to be very careful about communicating publicly in a manner that could be represented as speaking on behalf of their company. You don't have to sign an NDA or be under a gag order to understand why that could be a poor idea. They could write a blog post or make a video with 99 points on why they love the car, then make 1 point about how the driver's seat squeaks a bit when they sit in it. Next thing you know, some automotive news site posts an article with the headline, "TESLA EMPLOYEE CONFIRMS DISTURBING PROBLEMS WITH INTERIOR FINISH OF MODEL 3", and it gets shared all over the internet. Then they have to explain to management what the hell happened. Why subject yourself to that?

I there is an NDA or some agreement or some form of influence over reporting any sort of issues with a production car...
the NHTSA is going to go ballistic and not be as pleasant this time.

No,

Everyone has a questioning timeline. This is mine.

If we were here at the same point 500 days from now and you still didn't have your car....you wouldn't probably ask the same questions. How many days would it take for you to ask a question? Whats your bogie?

My "bogie" is when Tesla starts to miss commitments.

Tesla didn't say it would be 500 more days for my car, they said I would get it Feb-April 2018. If it slipped a month I would probably shrug. If it slipped two months I'd have some concerns. If Tesla became insolvent then I'd be trying to get my deposit back.

What is confusing to me, and probably others, is that Tesla did not say they would be delivering cars that they haven't delivered and yet you've posted probably 1000+ posts about "why so long". They gave investors guidance on how many they think they can build this year and so far, there's no information that they haven't been meeting those numbers.

What I know is that people who have nothing better to do than whinge about the lack of new information have got it easy compared to the engineers putting in 80+ hour weeks right now trying to get the production line up and running.

My "bogie" is when Tesla starts to miss commitments.

Tesla didn't say it would be 500 more days for my car, they said I would get it Feb-April 2018. If it slipped a month I would probably shrug. If it slipped two months I'd have some concerns. If Tesla became insolvent then I'd be trying to get my deposit back.

What is confusing to me, and probably others, is that Tesla did not say they would be delivering cars that they haven't delivered and yet you've posted probably 1000+ posts about "why so long". They gave investors guidance on how many they think they can build this year and so far, there's no information that they haven't been meeting those numbers.

What I know is that people who have nothing better to do than whinge about the lack of new information have got it easy compared to the engineers putting in 80+ hour weeks right now trying to get the production line up and running.
That's part of the information that I'm looking for.

Where are you seeing engineers putting in 80+ hours of work. Do you have a link? Do you have a link that shows that their production line is up or down? Or are we speculating?

I'm just inquisitive about that kind of stuff.

AND, again, my question has nothing to do with my car. Who said anything about my car? I'm wondering if Tesla is on course to do what they projected.

Shhhhhh. Please don't say that out loud. There are people in here who would not ever believe you. Get ready for some personal attacks.
The closest thing to a personal attack that I can find in this thread, if you can call it that, is someone stating, "I'm almost certain that you have zero background in manufacturing anything as you appear to have no idea of the tooling and set up process needed for automated manufacturing of this kind."

Perhaps some vitriol has been edited out or deleted. Perhaps things seem more harsh from your perspective. I get that, but to me it seems people have generally been respectful in this thread.

You're free to post your own opinions, but that doesn't mean other people have to agree with them.

That's part of the information that I'm looking for.

Where are you seeing engineers putting in 80+ hours of work. Do you have a link? Do you have a link that shows that their production line is up or down? Or are we speculating?

I'm just inquisitive about that kind of stuff.

AND, again, my question has nothing to do with my car. Who said anything about my car? I'm wondering if Tesla is on course to do what they projected.

good questions. I'm mostly interested in the 5,000 per week by December 2017 promise

Reactions: Runt8
Have Tesla or Elon promise that they will reach that or have they said that they believe they will reach that number?
Quote from the Q2 update letter:

Based on our preparedness at this time, we are confident we can produce just over 1,500 vehicles in Q3, and achieve a run rate of 5,000 vehicles per week by the end of 2017. We also continue to plan on increasing Model 3 production to 10,000 vehicles per week at some point in 2018.