Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Long Old Friend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Traded in my Model S yesterday for a new Model Y. 9.5 years, 128k miles. Plenty of repair work over the years but it was always seamless and hassle free. I paid a $200 warranty co-pay maybe twice. Still trying to get the Model Y seat as comfortable as the old cloth seat on the S. I dont think I tougched the adjustment in the seat for years. Model Y center screen seems tiny in comparison but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

I looked through the delivery impressions thread and realized I never posted a pic on my delivery day. Kind of fun to re-live the excitement from that time when you didn’t see these cars around very much and not much known about what we were getting. It was always fun to wave or chat somebody up at a Supercharger, people aren’t so into that anymore. My son told me I gave up my OG status yesterday. I’m not cool any more!

Pic from day after delivery in 2013 and heading out to the service center yesterday.

Attachments

• CD2A0328-E1A1-457E-926E-53192E559453.jpeg
    CD2A0328-E1A1-457E-926E-53192E559453.jpeg
    450.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 7E45AAC7-FA97-4A3A-A294-49CE79CE0A7B.jpeg
    7E45AAC7-FA97-4A3A-A294-49CE79CE0A7B.jpeg
    985 KB · Views: 102
Congrats on the new car but sorry for the loss of the old one. My car is just like yours, 130k miles, April 2013 delivery. Still going strong (with a battery replaced 2 years ago and a motor replaced 5 years ago). Hope you enjoy driving it as much as (or more than) the S!

Congrats on the new car but sorry for the loss of the old one. My car is just like yours, 130k miles, April 2013 delivery. Still going strong (with a battery replaced 2 years ago and a motor replaced 5 years ago). Hope you enjoy driving it as much as (or more than) the S!

Yeah, I was hoping something would happen to get me a warranty replacement on the battery in 2020/21, ha ha. The ride is smoother and acceleration is quicker than I expected on the Y. The latest bells and whistles are nice to have but I miss the big screen/map and I liked the dash screen info on the S.