Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So many new Superchargers timeframe: true or false?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so definitely not all of them? There is one that I really need :)
They seems to always open but 2018 may well roll into 2019 for some.

Thanks for posting this, I felt like a kid on Christmas morning going downstairs to my laptop to see all these new locations Elon tweeted about!

Here is Chicagoland we already had our big push, Rosemont has been on the map for a while but Oak Brook was just added.

My speculation is that both Rosemont and Oak Brook will be part of the planned Target stores supercharger expansion.

While Tesla may be working on many new supercharger locations, it can take longer than they expect to secure a specific location and get the needed approvals to get the power they need and build the supercharger.

I believe some of the future locations on the 2018 map may have been on the 2016 map - we're still waiting for the last superchargers to be added for the east-west route in west Texas.

Tesla's working on expanding the network - but they don't control all of the timing, when they are depending on securing locations, government approvals, or getting a construction team.

Reactions: DriverOne
Tesla's map should just be taken as guidance for the rough area where they'd like to put some superchargers at some point in the future. The timeframe listed is pretty much meaningless and the location is only accurate to about 50 miles.

Check out Supercharge.info they have all the sites that have concrete evidence of a supercharger being installed. Either construction being started or a work permit. That's the best indicator for a supercharging being put in, and even then they sometimes get stalled indefinitely.