Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So much for 3-5 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes that’s what I went with. I really would have liked the all wheel drive for a little bit better performance but I just could not justify the extra $4000 I was already spending at my limit

Yep. I got suckered too. I was waiting as long as possible to see if I could get SR. My plan was SR, PUP, and maybe autopilot. When i saw the 3-5 month increase in wait I placed order immediately (LR, RWD, PUP) to capture the full tax credit.... and I’m supposed to get the car next week!

You got me Tesla... well done.

Pulled the trigger 2 days ago with all the changes because the 3-6 week change to 3-5 months really through me for a loop and the potential loss of the tax credit made me click the order button. Well I get the call today for delivery on the 7th next week!!! Good maneuver Elon. You got me.

Yep. I got suckered too. I was waiting as long as possible to see if I could get SR. My plan was SR, PUP, and maybe autopilot. When i saw the 3-5 month increase in wait I placed order immediately (LR, RWD, PUP) to capture the full tax credit.... and I’m supposed to get the car next week!

You got me Tesla... well done.

Mind sharing VIN?

I configured the LR-RWD 2 days ago and already my account is giving me the option of applying for financing. The page says that only happens when you are close to delivery but the credit application is only valid for 30 days. Does that mean that if I get approved, I could take delivery of my car in 30 days? That seems very fast when the configurator said 3-5 months.

I configured the LR-RWD 2 days ago and already my account is giving me the option of applying for financing. The page says that only happens when you are close to delivery but the credit application is only valid for 30 days. Does that mean that if I get approved, I could take delivery of my car in 30 days? That seems very fast when the configurator said 3-5 months.
It looks like the rules are changing compared to what occurred a back a few months ago. In the past, it was reported that the ability to fill out credit application from Tesla was only available once you had a VIN. Now, it appears that has changed. Worse case scenario you don't get the car in 30 days and have to re-apply. It sounds like you will get the car sooner but time will tell.

It looks like the rules are changing compared to what occurred a back a few months ago. In the past, it was reported that the ability to fill out credit application from Tesla was only available once you had a VIN. Now, it appears that has changed. Worse case scenario you don't get the car in 30 days and have to re-apply. It sounds like you will get the car sooner but time will tell.

Thanks. I think I might call Tesla just to verify what is happening.

Thanks. I think I might call Tesla just to verify what is happening.
If you call them the best advice is to call when they first open at 7 am Pacific Time...I think not sure about time. I have called a few times and they have answered quickly compared to calling in the afternoon they usually have a recording set-up that they are not taking any calls due to high volumes or something like that.

Reactions: diplomat33
If you call them the best advice is to call when they first open at 7 am Pacific Time...I think not sure about time. I have called a few times and they have answered quickly compared to calling in the afternoon they usually have a recording set-up that they are not taking any calls due to high volumes or something like that.

Thanks for the tip

Thanks! Yes, I'm hoping the other thread is an anomaly of sorts (folks getting their car two months after reserving it!)

@Johnny Mac When did you reserve the car?
What is your config details?

My Details:
3/31/16 Reservation
2/22 invite
4/30 config
5/20 July delay Email
No contact / No VIN
Non-Owner
Red/Sport/EAP
Selected Fremont for Delivery
All boxes have been checked

Is it time for all April Configs to get some love?

Reactions: UZJedi