Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So much rattling....sigh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could you please describe the rattle a bit more? My Sc har changed a lot of expensive parts om my late dec S with air susp, but still not fixed. The sound I hear is a muffeled, asynchronized sound, only able to hear it on poor road surfaces in speeds below 40 km/h.
The pre facelift loaner on steel springs do not have it. My neighbours pre facelift on air springs do not. An early refresh on air had it.
Ideas? SC is struggling, but really trying hard.

I'm not familiar with Tesla suspension at all, but I had a 2012 Mustang GT that had a super annoying thump with every bump. It turned out to be bad bushings on the rear sway bar drop links.

I had the same thing and found that in the B Pillar there was a loose connector where the wire go up to camera.
Attached is the fix that reduce a lot rattles for me.

B Pillar Rattle Solved 2017 Model S (with PICS)
There's a rattle coming from what I believe is on the driver's side B pillar. My car is brand new and fewer than 3 months old. I have a service appointment on Friday so I'm hoping they fix it.

I'm afraid of opening it up or for that matter having the service center open it up due to broken clips and further damage caused.
I had a mobile service guy pop my door panel to try to find a rattle. It was pretty easy to do and I dont think you have to worry about damage from the process. Didn't fix my rattle issue with that door though (left rear door). I need to have him come back out and explore further.

I really wish Tesla service gets some rattle detection tech...would be awesome if I can drop off my X at service and get it back with 0 rattles...currently they either comeback (after service) or aren't resolved in the first place.