Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So much Tesla hate now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of good reasons to be upset with Elon, but it is quite striking how the media narrative has shifted. I’ve noticed a real uptick in blatant anti-Tesla-ism. The following story is a good example. The basic story is certainly newsworthy to those of us living in SoCal, but the ridiculous constant references to this jerk being a Tesla driver is ridiculous. It’s totally irrelevant to the story.

Well, the guy was clearly an a-hole. And he drove a Tesla.

What did you want them to write instead: a super-nice gentlemen in a Green-Peace vehicle pulled over to help a turtle cross the highway, and educated passing cars with a metal baton?
Turtle escaped, and Green-Peace is expected to nominate the nice Tesla driver for a Nobel peace prize any day now ... ?
;)

Last edited:
Well, the guy was clearly an a-hole. And he drove a Tesla.

What did you want them to write instead: a super-nice gentlemen in a Green-Peace vehicle pulled over to help a turtle cross the highway, and educated passing cars with a metal baton?
Turtle escaped, and Green-Peace is expected to nominate the nice Tesla driver for a Nobel peace prize any day now ... ?
;)
If he were driving a Honda, they wouldn’t have said so repeatedly. The make of the car is irrelevant. Maybe give a description once to help catch the guy, but to use it as a descriptor throughout is just sensationalism.

If he were driving a Honda, they wouldn’t have said so repeatedly. The make of the car is irrelevant. Maybe give a description once to help catch the guy, but to use it as a descriptor throughout is just sensationalism.

Prove it - find one other report of an anonymous psycho attacking cars with a pipe, and see how the reporters describe that person.

All this "oh, the world is against Tesla, everyone hates us" moaning has gotten old about 5 years ago. Please stop it.
You make all other Tesla drivers look and sound like a bunch of b*@ch-ass whiners.

a

Prove it - find one other report of an anonymous psycho attacking cars with a pipe, and see how the reporters describe that person.

All this "oh, the world is against Tesla, everyone hates us" moaning has gotten old about 5 years ago. Please stop it.
You make all other Tesla drivers look and sound like a bunch of b*@ch-ass whiners.

a
I just looked up a few incidents of road rage. Nobody mentions the car make. Only when it is a Tesla. What a joke.

Porsche:

BMW:

Mercedes:

Whenever there's a fancy car involved, it gets attention.

Especially blue BMW's, apparently. Look out for those guys, they are the worst.

It's called an availability fallacy. Recent vivid event(s) clouds one's judgement. Journalists do it all the time, but readers of the news do too. Just stop reading that garbage and it becomes background noise again.

Porsche:

BMW:

Mercedes:

Whenever there's a fancy car involved, it gets attention.

Especially blue BMW's, apparently. Look out for those guys, they are the worst.

It's called an availability fallacy. Recent vivid event(s) clouds one's judgement. Journalists do it all the time, but readers of the news do too. Just stop reading that garbage and it becomes background noise again.

And news readers love to have someone with money to hate for all their financial troubles in their lives

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Porsche:

It was clear from the article it was a Porsche.
"911 “boldly printed” on its driver side door" I'm glad they figured that out.

The charge is a felony punishable by life.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I have other cars and frequent some of the other car forums (BMW, Porsche) also and have found this bizarre hatred of EV's...not everyone, but a few idiots on mostly every car forum

I think it's mostly from ignorant fools who have never even driven one, but hear someone on the internet talk shht about them and they just follow like sheep.

It's like they actually think the boogie man is coming tomorrow to take their ICE or something.

Always some lame anecdote about their friend or family members car that is somehow falling apart or how boring the car is without actually ever driven one o_O

Last edited:
Yeah I had one person I know that thought I was crazy getting my m3. He had a gen1 v1 leaf for 2 months before they sold it as it was crap. (His words) but I don’t disagree either…

He said you need two motors for any ev and no way my 3 was fun to drive. Needless to say took him for a 25 mile there and back on the interstate (50 ish miles a monthly trip I have to make for my parents) and he’s now thinking about getting a Tesla model Y ( I may have lost ~5-8% due to heavy acceleration alone. he wants something slightly bigger along with even more power. He Just has to convince his other 1/2… he assumed all evs where like the leaf.

I do have several other people I know that can’t believe I got an ev. And try to dis it they can’t seem to wrap their head around it (my father included) but it’s what I wanted.

Last edited:
Reactions: bjhinkle
I have other cars and frequent some of the other car forums (BMW, Porsche) also and have found this bizarre hatred of EV's...not everyone, but a few idiots on mostly every car forum

I think it's mostly from ignorant fools who have never even driven one, but hear someone on the internet talk shht about them and they just follow like sheep.

It's like they actually think the boogie man is coming tomorrow to take their ICE or something.

Always some lame anecdote about their friend or family members car that is somehow falling apart or how boring the car is without actually ever driven one o_O
That's the internet and the world we live in. It's the same with other products. Android owners hating on the iPhone without ever using one, assuming we're all price-gouged sheep all under the spell of Steve Jobs. That sort of thing. It's common. it's just in this case, we're all Elon-apologists.

It's the worst if you're an Apple-using Tesla driver. Then, apparently, we're members of two cults, at the same time!

It’s deserved -
Lots of good reasons to be upset with Elon, but it is quite striking how the media narrative has shifted. I’ve noticed a real uptick in blatant anti-Tesla-ism. The following story is a good example. The basic story is certainly newsworthy to those of us living in SoCal, but the ridiculous constant references to this jerk being a Tesla driver is ridiculous. It’s totally irrelevant to the story.

Asshole drivers are everywhere but brand is definitely tainted these days between bad CEO press, the whole price cut and screwing customers, and persistent bad quality and customer service.

Many of my friends who can afford teslas are avoiding it to not suppprt Elon Musk even with the price cut. I was pissed from getting screwed by the price cut but even Im surprised at how tainted the brand is with some people.

News articles like this certainly don’t help: Elon Musk’s reach on Twitter is dropping — he just fired a top engineer over it

Wall Street seems to still love the company though.

Reactions: LadyOnikara
Status
Not open for further replies.