TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

So no Model 3 model I guess :/

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SoCalGuy, Jul 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Member

I remember over a year ago Elon tweeted that one of the little thank you gifts was a small model of the Model 3... fast forward 15 months later and still nothing. I was hoping for at least the same plastic shell of the Model 3 as he did for the Model S.

I'm surprised no one has made any 3D printed ones available for sale in the more than year that we've all been waiting.

2. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

I had to go searching but did find in the timeline for Elon's tweet that he agreed the scale model 3 would be part of the gifts for those stanging in the queues...tweet here. I guess after the initial reservation euphoria, reality has set in and it got too hard.

3. cdub

cdub Future Model 3 owner / Current original Leaf owner

They'll only be able to produce 30 in July and then they'll ramp exponentially from there.

• Funny x 14
    • Like x 2
  4. Roy Wasson

Roy Wasson Member

Can you guys help me (a four-time LEAF owner) figure out where I am on the list? I made my reservation in Miami on 4/1/16 and have reservation number RN108986148. How many people are ahead of me? Thanks.

Roy

5. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

Your looking at around May 2018

Source: Model 3 delivery estimator

6. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

There were probably around 200,000 reservations already by the time you reserved yours on 4/1/2016. Being on the East Coast, you will get your car later than those who reserved around the same time as you but who are located geographically west of you. Also, employees and current Tesla owners will have priority over first-time Tesla buyers who are not employees. Your reservation number doesn't really reveal any useful information as to your place in the queue. Finally, being a Leaf owner doesn't carry any clout as it does with existing Tesla owners. :)

7. cdub

cdub Future Model 3 owner / Current original Leaf owner

Four time? What happened to the first 3? I still have my original 2011 Nissan Leaf reserved a year or so before they were available to sell... Like a certain new car also that I reserved before I was able to buy it.

I did have to replace the battery though. The first battery lost a lot of power 5 years in.

8. Roy Wasson

Roy Wasson Member

3 were totaled in various crashes into my wife and me over the first 4 years of EV driving. Air bags blew and no injuries any time. For awhile with my first LEAF I was the worldwide single-charge mileage leader in real traffic driving with 134.8 miles.

• Informative x 1
  9. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Your RN should be kept private - it's how Tesla identifies you in their system. You might ask a moderator to edit your post, if you're unable to do so.

• Like x 3
  10. hockeythug

hockeythug Active Member

Forgot about that. Maybe it will come with the car.

11. jonnyg

jonnyg Member

What if I want a dual motor model Model 3?

• Funny x 1
  12. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Member

Wow this thread has gone into all kinds of tangents... I wonder if Roy just clicked on the first new thread on the M3 page and posted his unrelated question here...

• Like x 2
  13. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

The little toy models are likely expensive to produce for so many people, much more so than a laser printed piece of paper. Maybe they'll just make sure to only get them to those that complete a purchase.

Although, considering how much they could have made in interest over the last year from our deposits... :confused:

14. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Member

Whether or not we will recieve a toy car, I don't know.

But I never expected one before the final reveal. Otherwise they would be giving away too many secrets.

15. Foxhound199

Foxhound199 Member

How is that hot wheels can still sell them for $1, cheaper if you find them on sale?

16. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

This older Model S on amazon is $12 from Hot Wheels and it's got crappy build quality.

These awesome ones are $210

17. Foxhound199

Foxhound199 Member

This is just the secondary market. I got mine for a buck at my local grocery store. As for your second example, while it genuinely is awesome, I feel like that was way too awesome to expect as a free giveaway. Whatever they are or aren't planning, it makes sense in any case to deliver the gift after people have actually ordered the car. What use is it to give free stuff to people who cancel their reservations?

• Like x 1