Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So no Model 3 model I guess :/

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember over a year ago Elon tweeted that one of the little thank you gifts was a small model of the Model 3... fast forward 15 months later and still nothing. I was hoping for at least the same plastic shell of the Model 3 as he did for the Model S.

I'm surprised no one has made any 3D printed ones available for sale in the more than year that we've all been waiting.

Can you guys help me (a four-time LEAF owner) figure out where I am on the list? I made my reservation in Miami on 4/1/16 and have reservation number RN108986148. How many people are ahead of me? Thanks.

Roy
There were probably around 200,000 reservations already by the time you reserved yours on 4/1/2016. Being on the East Coast, you will get your car later than those who reserved around the same time as you but who are located geographically west of you. Also, employees and current Tesla owners will have priority over first-time Tesla buyers who are not employees. Your reservation number doesn't really reveal any useful information as to your place in the queue. Finally, being a Leaf owner doesn't carry any clout as it does with existing Tesla owners. :)

Can you guys help me (a four-time LEAF owner) figure out where I am on the list? I made my reservation in Miami on 4/1/16 and have reservation number RN108986148. How many people are ahead of me? Thanks.

Roy
Four time? What happened to the first 3? I still have my original 2011 Nissan Leaf reserved a year or so before they were available to sell... Like a certain new car also that I reserved before I was able to buy it.

I did have to replace the battery though. The first battery lost a lot of power 5 years in.

Four time? What happened to the first 3? I still have my original 2011 Nissan Leaf reserved a year or so before they were available to sell... Like a certain new car also that I reserved before I was able to buy it.

I did have to replace the battery though. The first battery lost a lot of power 5 years in.
3 were totaled in various crashes into my wife and me over the first 4 years of EV driving. Air bags blew and no injuries any time. For awhile with my first LEAF I was the worldwide single-charge mileage leader in real traffic driving with 134.8 miles.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde

Roy
Your RN should be kept private - it's how Tesla identifies you in their system. You might ask a moderator to edit your post, if you're unable to do so.

The little toy models are likely expensive to produce for so many people, much more so than a laser printed piece of paper. Maybe they'll just make sure to only get them to those that complete a purchase.

Although, considering how much they could have made in interest over the last year from our deposits... :confused:

This older Model S on amazon is $12 from Hot Wheels and it's got crappy build quality.
This is just the secondary market. I got mine for a buck at my local grocery store. As for your second example, while it genuinely is awesome, I feel like that was way too awesome to expect as a free giveaway. Whatever they are or aren't planning, it makes sense in any case to deliver the gift after people have actually ordered the car. What use is it to give free stuff to people who cancel their reservations?

Reactions: JeffK