Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So people give Tesla a hard time for missing deadlines.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally I feel that the majority of the negative articles about Tesla are driven from those who have a vested interest in oil and the other major car makers. It seems that maybe delays in the production of electric vehicles isn't just about one particular company. Maybe it because in making an electric car we are re-inventing one of the most used inventions in the world and that $hit isn't easy. Case in point.....

Audi’s first electric car reportedly delayed again because of a battery shortage

Audi misses a deadline they get bad press ... Tesla misses a deadline they also get bad press... what is your point?

The point is:

* Tesla announces a new product and the press is mixed but always has a smattering of Tesla killers are coming
* Tesla misses a date the the press doubles down
* Any other car maker announces vaporware and it's time for another recap of the Tesla Killers list.
* Any other car maker pushes back on the prior announcement and it's still going to be on the Tesla killers list.

It's not balanced at all as an overall coverage. Yes other carmakers see bad press from time to time, but in the same breath whatever they are doing will be used to talk down about Tesla by some media outlets.

E-tron was introduced 2009. Only ten years to start production, give them another ten to ramp up production...

Elon actually pulled Model 3 schedule because of the great reception it got after it's unveiled. Oringinal Tesla plan had the mass market model to be in full production in 2020. It has becoming the best selling EV of all time. Few credit him or Tesla of that. Imaging what kind of press they would be getting if any of those large established automakers had done that?

Personally I feel that the majority of the negative articles about Tesla are driven from those who have a vested interest in oil and the other major car makers. It seems that maybe delays in the production of electric vehicles isn't just about one particular company. Maybe it because in making an electric car we are re-inventing one of the most used inventions in the world and that $hit isn't easy. Case in point.....

Audi’s first electric car reportedly delayed again because of a battery shortage
Could be people are holding Tesla to a high standard because Elon brags so much. Less hype, more modesty and maybe people would cut Tesla more slack.

Could be people are holding Tesla to a high standard because Elon brags so much. Less hype, more modesty and maybe people would cut Tesla more slack.
Oh I'll agree with that statement for sure. The guy is on twitter way to much. I don't understand the culture of saying whatever the hell you want on social and not realizing the ramifications it has on the "real" world.

No. Tesla got whole lot worse press while it's doing whole lot better than everyone else.
This! Tesla had roughly a year delay at hitting their production targets for the 3 and got a ton of negative press for it. Audi is almost a decade behind on the etron and has seen a small fraction of the negative press Tesla has.

Audi Says Ja! to EVs

• Love
Reactions: neroden and CarlK
This! Tesla had roughly a year delay at hitting their production targets for the 3 and got a ton of negative press for it. Audi is almost a decade behind on the etron and has seen a small fraction of the negative press Tesla has.

Audi Says Ja! to EVs
Supports my belief that there are many people who would like for nothing else than for Tesla to fold. From bad reviews/ incorrect information to states not allowing Tesla "dealers", to the press highlighting negative Tesla news. I don't agree with everything the company has done, and they apparently need some work in the area of repairs and customer service, but I am itching for the day (September) when I place my order. Could be because I drive a soul sucking Prius..

Because audi's ceo is not on Twitter boasting about unrealizable goals every week. If you keep making bold claims you can't back up, you will get negative press. Shut the F up elon and just DELIVER.
Boasting in an article is better? I don't care if Elon tweets he's going to build a million Model 3s/day in two weeks. As long as he's serious about it and Tesla continues to push EV sales more than anyone else, he can say whatever he wants to.

The alternative is the director of Audi's board communicating in person that they're going to produce the e-tron by the end of "2012", which is I guess German for 2018.

Never fear. Audi isn't going all Tesla Motors on us. You'll still see the gasoline and diesel models rolling out of Ingolstadt. Audi says building the sexy e-tron (pictured), promising a Q5 hybrid and rolling out an A8 hybrid concept alongside an A1 range-extended EV is all about about choice.

“In the future our customers will be able to choose from an increasingly broad range of driveline technologies," says Rupert Stadler, chairman of the board. "To accompany our high-efficiency TDI and FSI engines, we shall offer electric power in the best possible forms for a wide range of mobility needs. The hybrid driveline will be followed by all-electric vehicles.”

All of those cars will bear the e-tron brand.

“Just as 'quattro' has become a synonym for all-wheel drive, so 'e-tron' is to be the Audi brand name for electric mobility,” Stadler said.

Yes, we hear you there in the back row saying etron is French for "turd." Look at that car. The e-tron is anything but an etron.

Audi unveiled the e-tron last year at the Frankfurt auto show and then brought e-tron 2.0 to Detroit in January. Audi plans to produce the car, as a very limited edition model, by the end of 2012.

Some people really can't follow a train of thought.... or maybe they just like distracting from the point. The fact is that anyone who makes a promise to deliver AND takes people's money who paid for that promised delivery has a problem when they don't deliver timely. Period. There's nothing wrong with being optimistic. "Thinking" you can deliver in 12 months is dandy. Taking someone's money now and saying you will delivery in 12 months and failing to do so is a problem. I bet people would be just as upset with Audi or anyone else for equally fraudulent acts. Elon's time problem has gotten so commonplace, people accept it as 'who he is'. It's very Trumpish. He lies so often, it's shocking to people when they catch him telling the truth. So let's know what we are talking about. I don't care if the press rags on Elon for being optimistic. These aren't lies to him. It is optimism. The problem is taking money for "delivering soon, I promise." I love my TESLAS, even after I sued him for lying to me the first time. It finally is what was promised in 2016 and has been for a little while, almost. Too bad that summon won't drive to me or even pull in my garage. Ok, I guess it's not what he promised 2+ years ago. The criticism is well deserved as are the kudos. I would not buy any car other than a Tesla. Of course this opinion is subject to passing local and state regulations for people who have opinions.