Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So radio "favorites" is just one big list?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Working through the quirks of the music GUI. So is there no way to organize your favorites? Talk radio vs music for example? I keep hearting things I want to use again but am a little bit surprised that my favorites is a single level big bucket? Is this the same for MS/MX?

Yes it’s a big bucket and it’s a mess.

I like to cycle through FM radio presets using steering wheel controls but if I try this in the Model 3 I end up on a streaming station I’ve favorited and then the left/right tipping of the left scroll wheel is no longer cycling through my FM favorites, it’s track skipping.

I would prefer the left wheel “click to mute” changed to “click for source change” and then the left/right tips of the left scroll wheel would cycle through presets as intended.

I like to cycle through FM radio presets using steering wheel controls but if I try this in the Model 3 I end up on a streaming station I’ve favorited and then the left/right tipping of the left scroll wheel is no longer cycling through my FM favorites, it’s track skipping.

If you long-hold left or right on the left scroll wheel while on a streaming station, it will cycle between favorite stations instead of skipping tracks within the station.

I would prefer the left wheel “click to mute” changed to “click for source change” and then the left/right tips of the left scroll wheel would cycle through presets as intended.
I am not sure I want to give up the mute, but I agree it is a mess!

I agree that the current implementation is not good. I purposefully unfavorited all of the FM stations I had put in cause I was sick of it cycling through them. Favorites should be source specific like they have been in every other car I’ve owned. There also doesn’t seem to be any way to sort your favorites. I’ve had to remove and re-add several stations to my favorites to get the channel order I prefer.

At least I'm sure we can all agree that adding 1 or 2 additional buttons on the steering wheel in order to enhance usability for something like changing audio sources would have completely ruined the car's aesthetic and been a terrible idea. Good thing they didn't do that, right? :rolleyes::mad::(

• Love
Reactions: alseTrick
I agree that the current implementation is not good. I purposefully unfavorited all of the FM stations I had put in cause I was sick of it cycling through them. Favorites should be source specific like they have been in every other car I’ve owned. There also doesn’t seem to be any way to sort your favorites. I’ve had to remove and re-add several stations to my favorites to get the channel order I prefer.

I like having my favorites in a specific order too and I want the ability to sort very badly. It could be just as easy as drag-and-drop, but instead everything has to be removed and re-added in reverse to get things in order.4

It seems like this is a universal complaint ..... Unless, maybe you just pick one or two streaming stations? . Anyone who spends a decent amount of time in the car and has diverse listening interests has got to be going nuts with the current implementation. How does Elon or all the engineers that drive these cars not come to the same conclusion. I personally listen to LOTS of very different things. Tesla offers much of the content, just no easy way to organize my favorites